1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN broadcasters are made believers and eat their own words all in one game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wreck, Nov 12, 2006.

1. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

The mantle was passed from The Dream to Shaq to keep it warm for a while but the Rockets want their props back. The funny thing is when he used to get his butt whipped by Dream he was completely gracious towards Dream, "Olajuwon is the best center" and what not, but now late in his career he gets his butt whooped and he wants to act like he was watching a different game. Maybe its too early to make this call but the Heat are Paper Champs.

2. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Yeah and they have the HEAT on ESPN alot this year so they don't want to bad mouth him too much. That broadcast of the game was horrible. The most annoying thing to me was when Tim Legler started giving his breakdown of the BCS. If I wanted to hear BCS talk, i'll doi it on a different show (perhaps College Gameday)...they should have been using that time to kiss Yao's @SS.....After we beat the Spurs, we will get more respect...

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

You may be right. FSN houston commentators, bill worrell, always give the other teams props, as well as the other teams best players. They even give them props when they make good plays against the rockets. I dont mind that, good basketball is good basketball. But these ESPN guys sounded like the were on shaqs payroll.

4. TexasRanger41

TexasRanger41 Member

I feel that Hakeem didn't get enough props back in the days either.
    I say give those ESPN fools some dream shake along with shanghai shake while they are eating their own words.

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Maybe they just generally dislike any houston team. i mean wheres our cover page for winning the mls cup?

6. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Soccer is kinda like the WNBA in America though

7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It's also become a well accepted fact that last year's Heat were by far the WORST champions of the David Stern era.