1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN broadcasters are made believers and eat their own words all in one game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wreck, Nov 12, 2006.

1. wiredog

wiredog Member

plus, ESPN keep saying Rockets win 5 after losing the first 2...they had that posted on their website, too....but i think it will work to our advantage. to fall below the radar and do our thing, because when we get to the playoffs, everyone will know then. go Rockets!!

2. pplippl

pplippl New Member

ESPN commentators suck. I like TNT much better.

3. KidMaven

KidMaven Member

Okay so im getting a little excited. A blowout of miami in preseason ya i know preseason but they played their starters. A blowout of Dallas and now a 4th quarter hurting on Miami last night. I havent seen shaq come at someone that intensely in awhile and ya it was a little more than yao expected at first but once yao found his groove he dominated him just like everyone else...i know this may be looking ahead too much but a blowout of both of last years finals contestants i cant help but feel like this is a sign.

rockets 06-07 baby

4. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

On the off. rebound Yao had he was clearly fouled and one of those jackasses said that Shaq woulda came down with it and Yao needs to learn more from his teacher "Shaq". Right because their games are sooooo similar pffftt. Did you see when Yao gave Shaq a pump fake on the baseline and he almost took off Yaos' arms with no call? And then the next play Yao barely touches Shaq and he got the whistle? Neways, I was yelling the whole broadcast with them saying: No third option, not a lock to make the playoffs, not contenders, only athelete we have is Chuck Hayes.........lol, they dont have any shooters, and the rest I cant even remember. Its funny we were playing poorly, but we were only down 3-7 points in the first half yet the Heat this and I wanna suck DWades nuts that. Do they even prepare for teams that didnt make the playoffs last year? Giving out 2 year old stats and shiite dang......If we are getting beat down then fine say we suck and cant get any fastbreak points , but make no mistake we made them play rockets' ball and if it is made into a halfcourt game we will 9 times outta 10 and to be getting outshot 45 to 30 percent and down 3 at the half you must be doing something good that can be commentated on instead of the omnipotent heat are just not living up the thier potential.

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

i missed it, i wish i wouldve caught it though... :(

6. wreck

did you hear about when they said the pupil and the teacher in the beginning of the game??? yao being the pupil, well at the end it ended up being yao the teacher and shaq the teachers pet asking for mercy before he finally sat down, plain in simple, yao was embarrased.

7. jcee15

Yeah that is what I referred to. What a stupid blanket comment. Just because Shaq has been the best center for the last ten years doesnt mean Yao has learned anything from him

8. James23

James23 Member

It's ok! We want those fools(Greg Anthony, Legler, Steve Kerr, Stephen A., Reggie Miller, and so on) to continue criticizing Yao because the criticism does nothing but waking up the sleeping Dragon. Sit back and enjoy listening those fools going from criticizing to praising the Giant.

9. jerrios

jerrios Member

the commentating was ridiculous. i didnt know i was watching the same game they were. they finally shutup toward the end of the game for obvious reasons, rockets up by 20.

10. wreck

Another friend was watching the game, i guess switching back and forth and he asked me today "weren't the rockets losing by like 30" i was like no but the commentators sure did make it seems like they were

11. Zinc

Zinc Member

LMAO :D That was damn funny.
    Some commentators are just like prostitutes, maybe the comparison is a little off, but the truth is, they ride fences and suck balls of whoever is dominant. Good job on Yao last night to got them big SLAP in the faces.

12. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

you know it really doesn't matter what they think and deep down inside they all know that Yao Ming is and has become the best center in the league and I think the only reason they're not accepting that in public is because they started off hating on Yao from Day 1 and they dont wanna be considered wrong! anyway my main point is that everyone knows that this is now Yao's era no matter how much the commentators try to hide that fact from themselves.

13. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

i would go as far as to say

at the end

yao was yao

and shaq was his Bi*ch

14. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Certainly not free throw shooting, right? :p

15. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

In the first half, the dummentators kept saying how Miami scored so easily and so quickly every possesion while the Rockets had to work too hard in the half court. Although that may seem true, but you ultimately have to execute in the half court to win close games. You have to be able to grind it out if you want to win championchips. In the second half, when we took away the easy stuff, they couldn't convert in the half court. Not one word was said about great the ball movement was on the Rockets end, or how the team defense limited what the Heat wanted to do.

:mad:

The guys of FSN were more objective then the dumb@$$e$ on ESPN and they are supposed to be homers.

16. jcee15

Yeah the FSN Miami commentators' prolly called a less biased game than did ESPN...... :eek:

17. choujie

choujie Member

Anthony is OK. In the pregame show, he did call Yao the best center in NBA right now.

18. mozilla

mozilla Member

Yea, this is dead on. Yao's skill and grace is unlike any center now in the league, and unseen since the days of hakeem, david robinson, pat ewing, etc. Those guys were physically gifted sure, but they all were talented, they didnt need to be within 5 ft of the basket (like Shaq) to shot a respectable percentage. Remember Hakeem's ability to can a jumper from 12 to 15 ft, well ewing could do it too, and so could robinson. And they all did use that touch often. But the only big man in the league has been Shaq since then (until yao of course), and i think the national media and even NBA fans have forgotten about talented, skilled centers. Rather than a 7'1" 350 pound man slamming it or at the most flipping in a 3-5ft shot.

19. MacMan1914

MacMan1914 Member

As much as I dont wanna admit it..................I guess its not Tmacs team nemore :/ yao is a effing beast.....................and shaq is MAD...........LOL i love how yao did the schooling and gave shaq a buttload of compliments.......shaq gets embarassed by yao and says yao hasnt changed as a player..........HATER

20. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Yao has his hands full tonight, and this going to be one heak of a game. p.s. we're playing for first place in the division. How long since we could say that?

This is a great time for Novak to break out his bomber game. TMac will like his home cooking so it should be fun.

I always watch national media to see how they are positioning us. But after the first half, it's back to the homies! Mario Ellie is a little ruff, but his commentary is alway sright on. I'm glad FSN is letting him develop into a broadcaster. The wayward son returns home!