1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN broadcasters are made believers and eat their own words all in one game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wreck, Nov 12, 2006.

1. indahizouse

indahizouse Member

Might be the fact that we beat his team in the finals for our first championship. :D

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

yeah it was bad the way yao was treated by espn and commentators tonight. i remember seeing the who was doing the game i just said i hate saunders who just rides, lebron,wade,nash to death.

what annoyed me the most was when they showed the stat lines of yao and shaq and yao had like 20 and 10 at the time compared to shaq's 14 and 9. they highlighted yao's rebounds and underneath put: No offensive rebounds.

then go on to say how wade had more offensive rebounds than yao did.

its annoying real annoying but winning tonights game is a huge step in getting some national respect. if they win the spurs game (a big if) and then again on national tv on thursday against the bulls expect some heads to be turning on the rockets

3. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I think Greg Anthony is stuck on two years ago. He kept saying how the Rockets had no athletes besides TMac earlier in the game. Then later in the game when he finally saw Snyder (sorta), Hayes, Head producing, (especially Snyder exploding for a dunk and getting to the line) he then changed his tune to "well, the rockets don't have outside shooting"

The dude was seriously running out of ways to bash the rockets.

4. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Isiah Thomas... He got into it with Greg Anthony a few weeks ago b/c of Anthony's comments about him and his selection during the draft.... Zeke should have slapped that stupid smile of his face!

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I usually am not bothered by this stuff, but my god were the announcers annoying today. We're down by like 3 all game and all they keep talking about is how we have noone on offense.

6. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

espn is bad but TNT is Fing worse.... u get a steve kerr that does nothing but talks about injuries... then at half time and post game u got the donkey ass kisser chuck barkley saying even more negative stuffs about the rockets no matter what they do.

7. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Ditto to all the astute observations here, plus there were several questionable calls against the Rox where ESPN's crew would merely parrot "good non-call by the official" or some nonsense. Like on Yao's offensive rebound/subsequent fall, we heard how "Shaq would have gathered himself and not fall down" - never mind that Yao was getting elbowed. The announcers didn't have anything to say when Shaq elbowed Yao hard in the head in the game either.

It did make it much more satisfying getting the W though.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I finally realize how stupid those guys are, they don't know anything about our team, especially about teams that did not make the playoffs in the past few years.....

first thay start talking **** about the cast that Yao and McGrady have, when we started to dominate the Heat in second half they changed their mind

that white dude is pretty dumb, he does not know anything about basketball

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

that was horrible, I mean what the **** are you talking about, Yao was pushed, there was no ****in gathering.....I am tellin you the announcers were horrible last night...

10. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

Ok let's face it. People are racists. Most won't admit it. But people are racists. It's a fact.

If Yao were an American, he would have made the NBA 1st team last season.
    If Yao were an American, he would have gotten much fairer calls from referees.

That's the truth. Don't kid yourselves.

11. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Since I live in Sydney

this is the first time i watched ESPN broadcasting Yao's game

and I have to say...now I can fully appreciate your anger

they are pretty racist or biased (let me put it lightly)

If negativity fuels this team...then so be it

all of them will eat crow by the end of the season

12. kawins

kawins Member

You were cheated!
    Yao didn't get the shots down in the 1st qtr not because Shaq dominated(god did he ever?), but 'cause the refs were going blind when Yao was murdered down under the basket. I couldn't believe those clown refs could have done that without embarrassing themselves. Yao was upset at the beginning but adjusted very well, and he slap those b****es right in the face! lol

13. kawins

kawins Member

True I also heard this part and man I wanted to jump out and beat these racists(I really think they are) for picking so hard on Yao's dominant performance. Anyway, my anger vented after the beat down by Rox. :) But still these idiots were seriously getting my nerve.

14. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I am not going to lie, I LOVED THIS. This had to be the funniest and truest thing I have read in my life.

The bend over for Michael Jordan was 100% priceless.

Thank You, You have made my day. :).

15. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Guess I'll pile on...

If I wasn't watching the game, and just listening to the commentators on ESPN, I would have thought we were getting crushed in the first half.

It was all about how hard we had to work on offense and without TMac, no one can create their own shot, no one can hit from the outside, etc. etc.

And then there was the brilliance of D-Wade that went on and on.

Fortunately, I was able to see the game as well and we hovered around a 3-pt deficit the entire half.

I'm not quite sure how the Rockets can be that horrible and the brilliant Heat only be up by 3 at the half, and we matched them shot-for-shot in the 2nd quarter.

Someone explain that to me?

BTW, the great D-Wade only hit 36% of his shots and his team only hit 39%.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You wanna know how I watched the second half...

with the TV muted... I made my own commentary!

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah because you always see d howard on all those commercials on national t.v. and never see yao. Orlando is also always playing on national tevlevision.

18. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Screw the national media. The have never cared for the Rockets and the city of Houston and never will. That's just the way it is. Bob Costas called Houston a morgue during the 94 Finals and looked like he was about to cry when we won the championship. I will watch the game on the local station over the national one every time. I don't bother to care what they say. It's all garbage and in the end it doesn't matter. The Rockets are ours, not theirs.

19. airmanz

airmanz Member

Yao will never sell more shoes than those guards... LOL

20. airmanz

airmanz Member

Man!! Think about those without local access! We need more national coverage for rockets!!