1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Brad Childress feeling the love from his players ... NOT

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by JeopardE, Nov 10, 2010.

1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5789738

Like the shot at the Cowboys there.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I guess all this infighting was covered up by the winning last year... now that times are hard, people aren't biting their tongue anymore... not that anybody in the lockerroom was super friendly with Randy Moss before he got cut... but I think the manner that it was handled rubbed a lot of players the wrong way, thinking "that could've been me".

3. RocketMania1991

Childress is done after this year. He looks like a slouch who can't command respect or control the locker room.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Smoke about Vikings players hating Childress has been there ever since he became head coach. Apparently the guy has no skills at all when it comes to handling NFL players.

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode"

Herm Edwards is awesome ... NOT

6. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

If I was the owner of the Vikings I would found out who has said all these comments and suspend them. I don't care what you think of the coach as long as his your coach you'll need to keep your mouth shut and play for him.

7. JeopardE

You mean the same owner that was so furious about Randy Moss being waived abruptly that he seriously considered firing Childress on the spot instead of letting Moss go?

8. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

The last thing an owner wants is players questioning the coach. As for the owner he can fire the coach whenever he wants but as long as his with the team you don't want the players quit on the him.

9. JeopardE

In a normal situation, yes. In this situation, I seriously doubt the owner has much if any motivation to do such a thing. And he can't, anyway -- the quotes were anonymous, and if several players were bold enough to air their grievances to a newspaper, then it's pretty much the entire locker room that's turned on the coach at this point. You've got your star wideout Percy Harvin publicly berating the coach to his face. I don't think Childress has any fans on that team, and I doubt he has any in the front office either. He's basically a lame duck and the only reason they're keeping him around is that a) he's on the last year of his contract and b) they're still in the hunt for the playoffs.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I thought the initial rumor was that they didn't respect him for how he was laying down for Favre. He doesn't seem like a taskmaster type or a insulting type of coach.

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Not surprising, but its true, they won't quit like the f'n cowboys did...I hope to see some change, but i'm not holding my breathe...

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Whether or not they say it publicly, the players are still questioning the coach

Childress is an idiot, I'm pretty sure the players and owner all know that

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Chilly f'd up by chasing Brett like a 5 dollar w****. Then having a problem with him having input during games.

No control over anything, he's Brett's bish.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't get why they don't just fire him now, and promote Leslie Frasier to the starting gig. It's pretty much league consensus that the guy is going to be a head coach sooner rather than later, so why not beat everyone to the punch, and see if he's got what it takes. Childress is about as incompetent as they come as far as handling a locker room, and he's pretty much lost the team right now anyways. I bet that team would rally around Frasier, and play hard. Hell, it can't get any worse for them, right? They say they're winning DESPITE Childress....so he obviously has no input on the team.