1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Bosh and Wade are signing with Miami and will announce today.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StonesRunIt, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abcd1234

abcd1234 Member

If you were the Hornets, why would you give up Darren Collison who is on a rookie contract, getting paid so much less than CP3 and he has so much more potential too?

Brooks is also a free agent in 2011. Collison has a team option for 2011-2012.

CP3 won't come cheap. I think the Cavs will try hard to get him too, to play alongside Lebron, they have really good chemistry as it is.

2. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Yo can we get that Ipad back, that was expensive.

3. The Real Shady

We're a solid #8 seed in the playoffs if things go our way. No need to change.

4. moonnumack

moonnumack Member

Can we stop with the Bosh and Miami hate? Although I was starting to get annoyed with all the tweets and drama, I don't hate Bosh for going to Miami. Put yourself in his position (25-year old single superstar who has been stuck in Toronto for the last 5+ years), and try to convince yourself that you wouldn't choose playing with D-Wade in the Eastern Conference, living in Miami, and making ~$100 million dollars. Sure, it would have been great if he chose to come to Houston, but I can understand him choosing Wade as a sidekick over the injury-prone Yao and the underrated city of Houston.

As for those of you saying that Miami's gonna suck because they have to fillthe team with scrubs, I don't buy that hater angle either. As opposed to us building from the bottom-up, they are buidling from the top-down with 2 of the top 10 players in the league as cornerstones. Yes, they have to fill out the roster with low-contract players, but it's not like they are replacing All-Stars up and down the roster from last year. If they don't get Lebron (geez I really hope not), well then they will probably have enough firepower for a few more above-average players (like Haywood) and then target role players with a mix of young guys and veterans looking to win a ring for cheap. I'm not sure if it's gonna work, but you can't blame Wade and Bosh for making their choices.

As for the Rockets, I think Morey will obviously be ready to move on to Plans B-F. It may not be a splash move like we would all hope for in the 1st week of free agency, but patience in waiting for the right deal is on of Morey's best attributes. I'd be down for picking up Brad Miller, trying to re-sign Scola and Lowry, and then working on obtaining an All-Star (Granger>Jefferson) via trade. If it doesn't work out in the summer, we got to battle with our existing team and hope the addition of Yao and the integration of Martin can move us up the ladder in trhe West while we wait for the right deal to come around.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

i blame the failed caravan... :mad:

6. ak99999

ak99999 Member

I still can't believe Bosh is deciding to miss out on $30 million by skipping the sign and trade. It makes no sense for Bosh to do this, but Miami has nobody to trade that is worth anything. We can still hope the story is wrong until tomorrow right? :)

7. thegary

thegary Member

i'm totally okay with adding bmiller and going to war with what we got. miami will not have a better team than us this year, mark it. it boggles my mind though. i can't understand why wade didn't bolt to chicago...??? no comprendo. miami is a totally artificial wasteland, i just don't get the appeal. wade at least gets the full monty. bosh, wow, leaving money on the table to play for a worse team, in a worse city??? does not compute :confused:

8. dcfma

dcfma Member

I hope Miami wins no championships over the next 5 or 6 years. :rolleyes:

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Maybe its not all about the money like most people make him out to be? Its hilarious because when someone is chasing the money, people will call that player selfish. If he choose to give up the extra 30M to sign with a certain team, he's a dumbass.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I blamed TMac for putting the Rockets in this position, if he hadn't flopped the last couple years, we wouldn't be in this position looking for a replacement. I have to say Morey and Rockets deserve a lot of credit for trying to bring a top tier player instead of saving money with what we have. Since we have no Bosh, no care just like I no care for Artest. If Brad Miller is going to be Rockets, I'm freaking cheering him on, hell yeah!!!

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Most people were looking at his, as he had the best of both worlds in Houston. He gets his max contract AND goes to a good team with great depth. In Miami, he doesn't get that extra $30M AND goes to a completely gutted team. I can't wait to see their chemistry.

12. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Their owner, George Shinn, has recently said that, "They will continue to build team around Paul."

Darren Collison himself thinks there's a good possibility that he's traded.

The Hornets have holes in their roster and Collison has a lot of value right now - too much value to only be playing 15 minutes a night.

Having said that, a Brooks/Collison trade probably won't happen - but I can still dream...

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Wade by himself?

Wade + Shaq + Slightly better scrubs than they have this year.
    They aren't going to win a championship. You're going to need a strong bench to contend in the league now-a-days.

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

In the end Toronto will do a sign and trade. Colangelo will have to get something for him.

15. DieHard Rocket

Or, plan B-- sign with the Bulls and make $130 million (via S&T), play on a roster that would be built to win now, including what is basically a younger version of Wade, and build your offseason home in Miami if you want to live there so bad.

The Rockets could have fit this criteria as well, but I chose Chicago for the sake of being non-partisan and the fact that Rose is the best player between our roster and Chicago's.

16. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

If so, Bosh is an idiot. That being said, it's funny how everyone is believing that not adding Bosh or a Bosh-level player we'll be able to stand pat and be fine. lmao, really? who are you guys kidding?

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

We probably won't make the Finals without a little luck, but you add in a healthy Yao and the development of our young players, and we can go deep in the playoffs.

18. The Cat

The Cat Member

You're looking at it from inside a vacuum. First off, even with absolutely NOTHING from Yao a year ago, the Rockets were roughly equivalent to Miami and Wade - and that's Miami with a full team. Aside from that, it was never just Houston and Miami. He had the option to pair up with LBJ in Cleveland or elsewhere. He could've paired up with Derrick Rose in Chicago, still an arguably better situation than Miami. He could've gone to the defending champion Lakers, or a proven team like the Mavs/Spurs/Nuggets. And money isn't a factor, because he would've gotten that anywhere.

It wasn't just Miami and Houston. There were tons of options, and he allowed his agent and his friendship with Wade to blind him from common basketball sense. I would hope not all 26-year-olds are that stupid.

19. RyanB

RyanB Member

this is what i was thinking about :grin: :grin:

20. AGBee

AGBee Member

Playing with a friend in a great city for $100 million...what a MORAN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.