1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Asik unhappy, may force trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 5, 2013.

1. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

If it were true, wouldn't we have been hearing it for almost the entirety of last season. It was no surprise that our number one target was howard. Asik is way too good of a guy to be that childish. He wants to win.

2. jdjd

jdjd Member

Not really. I don't think Asik would start the drama early telling people "if the Rockets do get Howard I'm going to want out". His character level is too high for that. While saying that he wants out now makes perfect sense.

3. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Hope the big O didn't take it personally. Stay classy Rox fans, let us not go overboard yet.

4. Lihao

Lihao Member

i think it's all bs , dude didnt even bother to do post game interview and kept quite when he got his ass sat on the bench during clutch time several time , i doubt he's the kind of guy would go around and said " i want out"

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

It's ESPN people, they love stirring **** up.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I haven't heard a word from Omer or his agent.

Omer hasn't tweeted since May 4th .... and I don't read Turkish.

I get the idea that , again , this is the media making **** up like Dwight waffling on his decision .... They have to have a controversy to keep you interested .... otherwise you are paying them no mind and they lose $$ in that case.

I wonder if any of these "multiple sources" know where Omer Asik is right now .... much less what he's thinking.

Broussards multiple sources are his multiple personalities imaginations .... all of which belong on the short bus holding the camera for @HWY30 and his babymomma's p*rn flicks.

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah I highly doubt this is coming from Asik. This is BSPN just wanting to stir the pot and make news where there is none. Its coming from the same people that were saying that Dwight was 50/50 when he was going to meet the Lakers in person.

I'm sure Asik wants to stay, but I'm also sure he believes he deserves starters minutes. But this extra crap is not coming from him

8. valorita

valorita Member

I call b.s.

Asik hardly says anything to his teammates and coach,
    Let alone something to the media about not being happy...
    Lulz

The great thing about our team is that we dont have primadonna egos

9. Chamillionaire

DOC ROCKET has tweeted that Asik didn't say this, this was probably fabricated by other teams to media. I'm guessing the Hawks.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

THIS x 1,000,000. They, like so many political news outlets, are not really news at all: it's entertainment.

The business model is precisely as follows: get viewers emotionally involved, keep them fired up, sell ad time. In NO part of this equation is there a commitment to accuracy or integrity.

If you can find a reporter here or there committed to it, stick with them. Woj is kind of like that at Yahoo!, it seems.

11. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Horford is not the real center they need, Horford was a pf

12. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

LOL agree. As of now

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol yeah right wtf is this from "multiple sources" as well? I'd be really surprised if this was true, Asik is a class act who never once showed diva tendencies, and now suddenly he's too cool to backup and play alongside DH? And prior to this season he was backing up Noah, a dude inferior to DH

14. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Willing to back up Noah means little, Noah was an established above average player when rookie Asik joined the Bulls. Of course an unproven rookie is going to be okay taking a back up role in that situation.

He's proven himself to be a good starter now, nothing wrong with him wanting to keep moving forward.

15. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

Don't blame him to be honest. He came here to start. If he wanted a back up role he would of stayed in Chicago.

16. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Lol, I highly highly doubt this is even true. Folks, who generated this rumor? ESPN and they have not been right at all during all of this.

They have been BS-ing this entire time, backtracking from the beginning. Why should I buy this crap?

Omer rarely talked to the media last year and what makes you think he would just come out and say "I don't wanna play with Dwight" ? Whenever he would talk to the media he was always complimentary, humble, and kind. He just doesn't strike me as the 'talk-first-action-later' type of guy. He was always about doing what it takes to win games and he always let his actions speak for himself.

Sure he might be on the trading block but I doubt he said this.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

The point is he was a backup less than a year ago, even if it's just one year how can he go from team player to Diva in that short amount of time?Notice how the BS said he didn't want to play alongside Dwight as a starter, if this was trued he'd be a bigger Diva than Dwight as DH didn't say anything about playing with Asik.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL he went to Houston because we offered him 8M a year, not because he wanted to start. If we hadn't made that offer Chicago would have offered him the mid-level at most, because technically that was the max other team could offer for him.

19. GMNot

GMNot Member

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

20. Sanity2disChaos

He needs to shut his face.....he is killin our leverage to trade him for something of equal value..smh.