1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Andy Katz reports Rockets trying hard for #2 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DraftBoy10, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Convictedstupid

A more realistic trade offer?

1 person likes this.
  2. ThaShark316_28

That's what I'm trying to figure out, NOW that you said it...Minny wants a impact player for #2.

3. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

THIS!

People like Jerome Soloman and the like always criticize but have no real solution of their own to get a superstar. Its always so easy to be the sideline whiner.

1 person likes this.
  4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You mean like mcgee and the 6th for the #2?

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I disagree. Williams plays more like a power forward. He's a good defender in the post, and he's a great offensive and defensive rebounder. Seems like he's very good at boxing out opposing players. His three point shot is also very good. However, he doesn't dribble very well, and he isn't graceful slashing to the basket. I'm also not convinced that he gives his greatest effort all the time. In the NCAA tournament he wasn't getting back on defense in transition. He'll be a great player if he ends up with a good organization with good coaching, but I'm not convinced that he'll be the type of player a team builds around, nor am I convinced that he'll be a small forward in the NBA.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

If Morey didn't do random directionless trades like those, we'd have gotten the 2nd pick, instead of trying to TRADE for the number 2 pick...

7. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I think they fact that they listened to all 10 offers instead of completely shutting off negotiations with the Rockets due to disinterest in any our offerings shows us that there could be a possible scenario where it could be worked out. Either Morey is not willing to give up as much as they want, or part of the offerings are contingent on separate deals with players/picks acquired by the Rockets to be shipped to the TWolves in exchange for the #2 pick.

8. jogo

jogo Member

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

The problem is those teams aren't going to give up those top picks for those "assets".

Can Martin get us the number 2? Doubt it.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

*******, why couldn't Morey be smart like Kahn! :mad: WE COULD HAVE ALREADY HAD THE #2 PICK!

1 person likes this.
  11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

give them martin scola hayes dragic and budinger and a pick and a bowl of sperm. i dare david kahn to say no

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Scola + Bud + #14 + #23 for #2 and Beasley - draft Williams, Kanter or Kyrie depending who is picked first

Lee + B. Miller for #28 and Asik if we go with Williams or Irving

Lowry / Dragic
    Martin / T. Williams
    D. Williams / Beasley
    Hayes / Patterson / Hill
    Asik/ Thabeet

With Kanter

Lowry/ Dragic
    Martin / C. Lee
    T. Williams / Beasley
    Hayes / Patterson / Hill
    Kanter / Thabeet / Miller

I like this as a re-tooled team that could be ready to contend in the next 2-3 seasons while maybe making a play-off run this year.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

No way Minnesota does that trade.

14. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

It is funny how people say we will not trade our pics because nothing will happen....and then people respond by saying hater!

You guys act like Morey is God. You guys act like teams are scared to deal with us. Really? you must be really stupid. Morey has literally done lateral moves that some have panned out (Brooks, Landry) and some have completely and utterly sucked (T-will, Thabeet, even Courtney Lee hasn't met expectation).

Morey is just another GM that low balls people. There is no one on the roster that should be untouchable.

15. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

haha so if we say anything about his moves after like 5 years were mean jerks?? we have to blow him for every move huh?? sorry not happening… until he does something other than "stockpile assets" of twills(DOO DOO) Thabeet(seriously?) Jordan hill(bust).. i'm questioning his Scola move.. but the tmac deal netted us this years #23 pick(whooppeee) the above Jordan Hill and next years NY Pick(which will again be like #25 depending on their record and they wont finish in the lottery)…

sorry guys sell your bucket full of sunshine somewhere else.. i'm ready for something big.. i'm tired of being 42-40 and drafting 14th.. getting old.. if he is a mad genius then let's see it.. it's not my job to do this it's his.. so do work son… you guys wanna act like Morey walks on water… ahaha.. all i'm saying is it's time… some moves have been greatness but how long can he survive off the "i got scola for spoony" stuff?? we live in a what have u done for me lately world and i think it's funny Morey cans adleman who coached with the guys morey went out and got and then brings in McHale?? really?? i'm not a mchale fan but it is what it is.. i'll still cheer no matter what..

Like i said, i hope he proves me wrong, i actually want him to for the betterment of this team!

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I can't believe you just used Kahn and smart in the same sentence.

17. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

The AB trade got us the 23rd pick!

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Time to offer up the big one right vefore the draft or on draft day.

Kevin Martin plus the 14th pick in the draft for the 2nd overall pick.

Teams are offering up Tony Parker and Nash. Got to match them. Wont get any better than Kevin Martin and the 14th pick. If it does? Then you gave as much as possible without going overboard.

19. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

ok so we didn't even get a pick this year from NY? or did we trade that pick.? so next year we cash in that #25 or worse draft pick for tmac.. my bad..

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

That or Kevin Martin and the 23rd pick.