1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN’s Royce Young: Harden Is Ruining Pro Sports/Stepback Should Be Banned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Apr 17, 2018.

1. kevtse

kevtse Member

Yeah...Dunks and Layups should be banned too!!

If the Rockets win the championship, lets take away the three point line too!!

slothy420, Smacktle, adw and 6 others like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

How is it ruining sports when he gets all the highlight?

Brodie must be jelly his HISTORIC DOUBLE TRIPLE DOUBLE AVERAGE hasn't been jumped on like it was the last year.

Can't blame Royce. If I lived in OKC, I'd latch onto any meal ticket OUT.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Come on dude. I'm a Rocket fan, but it's not hard to see why Harden gets all the hate. Casual and some hardcore NBA fans hate him. His patented arm lock/head tilt on drives is what started all the hate. Fans especially hate when he gets FTs because HE initiated the contact and not the defender. Yes, I know - the defender should keep the hands to himself. But he is the only player in NBA who has to be defended with hands down.

That no-defense video just added fuel to the hate fire. Just when people forgot a bit about it, they received another "gift" - Spurs' game 6 and 7 meltdown.

And then, when his and his team's play erased that memory a bit (but just a bit), he starts with travel-like stepback. It's really not hard to see why Harden is hated, and probably will be for his whole career.

His demeanor on and off court doesn't help either. He is seen as aloof and without any care for how his game is seen by fans.

#23 Koperboy, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Wylo and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Oh and let's not forget his eurostep who was viewed as a travel too. He isn't utilizing it as much as before, so hate for it kinda faded.

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Magic Johnson palmed the ball, Michael Jordan Traveled, LeBron James Crab Dribble 1:50 mark about traveling

adw, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

oh please... harden don't blow the whistle, he's not allowed to. so hate on the refs fine... the rest of your post proves my point. undeserved targeted hate. no worries.. all that hate he gets just gonna make me support him and love him more as a player. i've got his back every chance i get.

7. Invisible Fan

Yeah, FTs stop plays too, but it's equally recognizable that he's driving into 2-3 players while mostly finishing. AI and Wade were elevated to another level when they did that. Still soon for James. He could change more minds if he reaches the finals and even more media turns for him as they're doing now.

The no-D thing doesn't work as the only excuse. It fuels perception though.

Another thing that fueled perception is that Harden was known mostly for the beard and as the sixth man in OKC. He was the third best player and he came out of nowhere for many fans. When he was made by the finals appearance, I don't think the first impression was this guy is gonna be great.

James's entire game is based upon deception. The stepback people probably hated him since the Eurostep. Yeah boohoo you can't do what he does on Live.

His game changes and evolves. The people you're describing are either blind or hasn't watched him play over the years. They can say he cheeses and spams "cheater moves", but they're different "cheater moves" every year! That's like accusing someone is using a hacker bot online without proof when you just flat out suck!

It's takes a ridiculous amount of skill and effort to stay on top of the league. If demeanor and first impressions screams lazy and one believes it. That's on them.

Doing it less? Do you watch him drive?

Or more like other A-tier stars do it too so they can't b**** that Harden is cheating without calling their favorite players cheaters.

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden is like an Evolved Version of Multiple Great Players, Harden has Bernard King body type, plus his scoring, Reggie Miller 3 Point pump fake drawing 3 point fouls, leg kick out to draw fouls Iq on 3 pointers, Jordan's Stepback, Midrange shots, Manu Ginobili, Goran Dragic Eurostep and Magic Johnson, Steve Nash, Full Court Pass for layups.

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. rocks123

rocks123 Member

It's kinda amazing that step back been part of basketball since forever and yet they attribute it to Harden like he INVENTED it just to discredit the move. Haha. Crazy media.

11. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Those Capela lobs looks to be illegal too....They should take away those too...

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and it should be, hes ruining the league

Exiled and Scola Scoops like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol fouls on him are called as legit fouls

His moves are legit almost never called as travels

Hes hated because hes houstons best player

If he replaced curry in 15 or kd in 17 hes gsw's hero

If hes with lakers or ny hes beloved

adw, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Piss off with this garbage.

HakeemOnlyFan, Smacktle, adw and 2 others like this.
  15. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Just relaying the info I got from collegues, media etc. I'm a huge fan of Harden and his craft. Also I got tired of defending him in literally any debate that involves Rockets. Now I'm just laughing at people who hate him.

16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Sorry I haven't expressed myself correctly.

People don't focus on his eurostep that much anymore because they have stepback travel to hate. Also I think number of James' drives make smaller percentage of his whole offensive game than 3-4 years before, when eurostep hate started.

It seems like every time his game evolves, Harden gives haters yet another thing to hate lol.

17. Invisible Fan

He should pull off a moonwalk stepback in a blowout game just to piss more people off.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol you think refs are miscalling his plays as legit fouls and moves as legit non travels??

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Harden doesn't "give" haters anything to hate. It's just what they do; they come up with **** to hate. Indeed, haters gonna hate.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I hope for Jame Harden own sake he Destroys the League, and shut the Media Collective Mouths. Harden really Loves his Teammates, Coaches. Fans now, he used to be so quiet and distant. This Year he is an excellent leader by example. Chris Paul is even better than I thought, the Clippers really made Chris really submissive with his play, not showing off his dribbling skills, great passing, him smiling used to rare on the Clippers, now he always smiles especially on the bench.

adw and DonKnock like this.