1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Erick Dampier partied with the Mavs Sunday night

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jun 14, 2011.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Saw this on another forum

Only guy that has been reported is Dampier, but supposedly other Heat players were there too.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If I had to guess, I'd say Juwan Howard (didn't he play in Dallas before?) and maybe Bibby.

3. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

The big 3 love to party? no?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

What a LOSER.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Link, please. Assuming it's true, what a freakin' sad excuse for a human being!

6. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Eh....he's probably better friends with his former teammates than current teammates anyway.

7. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Dampier didn't want to get traded from Dallas originally. He only played (or lack thereof) for Miami for about 3 months.

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

He signed with the Heat in the last offseason by saying, "I just look at it as an opportunity of a lifetime here," Dampier said. The Rockets wanted him, but I believe since he decided to sign with the Heat, the Rockets would later say they aren't signing him.

If he partied with the Mavs, I'm quite sure that he won't be back with the Heat next year.

10. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

Im pretty sure the rockets were about to sign him, then decided Ish the dish smith was a better use of the 15th and last roster space.

It was also a couple of weeks into the season so i have no idea where you go this 'offseason quote' from.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I have to say it was one of my favorite scenes from the very end of game 6. Mavs players and jumping around, and Erica is looking around awkwardly to congratulate one of his former teammates, but nobody would give him the time of day at first. :grin: (It was very brief, and now I can't find it on youtube -- did I imagine it? That would be even more funny.)

Bad signing for the Heat, and bad move for Dampier. Oh well.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Link to the photos of the Mavs Party, please???

13. Classic

Classic Member

Ya, I saw that awkwardness. I was thinking, dude, get the hell out of there, your ex-teamates forgot you existed.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

yeah i saw that too, he was trying to shake kidds hand...

15. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UIjnX0Fj8m0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

not impressed...

17. sbyang

sbyang Member

Dampier, and his contract, played a huge role in this championship for the Mavs. He earned his right to party with them....

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder who the other Miami players were that parties with the Mavs. Damp I undersnad since he was a Mav for a long time and knew these guys, but what are the other Heat players' excuses?

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I wasn't either. Tbh, I don't think people really give that big of a damn about the Mavericks here. I was young when the Rockets won their championships (I remember Stockton shooting over Barkley in the WCF much more vividly), but I remember my dad and cousins doing backflips in the street and horns honking all over. It was crazy. With the Mavs? On the Fort Worth side at least, it was like every other Sunday night. Didn't hear a single horn honk. Not much celebration around DFW for the Mavs, but still, congrats to the team.

20. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member