1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Piatkowski

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AMS, Apr 25, 2004.

1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

With all the great feelings going around about our players here is some nagging, I want to hear some postive about this guy aboout whome I cant find a single good.

What good has this guy done on the Rockets. None. When we signed up our free agents my pick to do the best was Eric and then maybe JJ and Griffin. I was dead wrong. True, he started the season injured then took him some time to actually prove himself worthy of playing time from JVG. But then he just sucked, big time. Even earlier today, he tried to drive it in, blew it and the lakers quickly came the other way. He is probably the worse defender we have, and if his shot isn't falling, id rather take John Amaechi on the court. IMO any minutes that are wasted on him should be used for Nachbar or could have been for A. Griffin who atleast has the life left in him to show some husstle.

Sorry Les, bad pick up. Not close to the 3 point hero we needed.

2. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

He sucked Karla's balls today.

Missed a layup.
    Grabbed one rebound.
    Did nothing spectacular.

The short rotation doesn't include PIke anymore.

:D

theSAGE

3. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

In hindsight, we should have developed Boki more throughout the season.

I'm not sure why JVG decided not to play him more, but I'm willing to bet he had a good reason.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

IMO, he is gone after this season through the expansion draft. Boki just proved himself in the playoffs.

5. notafaker

notafaker Member

Hey as much as JJ critical TO's late in some games. We have to be real cause we would not have made the playoffs without him. We lost today but JJ gave us 20 boards which means we wouldn't been in it without him. Only real move we need to make for next season is a running 4 who can give us 10 boards a game.

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Im not going to say JJ is bad at all, because he was a large reason we hung around in the 3rd quarter, but if you watched the game those 20 rebounds were not exactly in the lane with 5 guys around type rebounds. They were hey look im here let me pick it up. They were the ones that just bounced his way. Not to take away from his great performance, but the rebounds are being overrated.

7. rvpals

rvpals Member

Pike was absolutely useless today. I can't recall a game where he's useful this season.

If I'm JVG, sit Pike and play Boki more. He deserves more PT.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Foul trouble my man, IF Boki was in we would have 2 players fouled out. But hey we probably would have seen better defense and a couple more points on the board.

9. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

yeah, really sucks. last year we had at least a dozen threads saying that a cerebral, unselfish, 3pt sniper like Pike would have been ideal for our bench. Sad to say that it hasnt quite worked out and his uselessness has compounded with several other frustrations we've had with our bench all year (griffin, A.griffin's injuries). He probably would have worked better in a Rudy T offense, to be honest.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I remember when some people thought he should start and that Mobley should be benched back when we signed him.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pike has been a MAJOR disappointment this year as far as I am concerned. I wasnt expecting a TON from him, but I did expect him to be a solid bench rotation player scoring around 8 points a night and hitting a solid percentage of 3ptrs. He has done very little. I have no idea where his shot has gone. How can it just disappear this year after years of being a good shooter (on the Clippers mind you!)? He did get open looks. Those shots should have fell.

What is scary is that Pike was possibly tapped as the small forward for this team before we got Jim Jackson. What a disaster that would have been had we not gotten Jimmy!