1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Gordon's knee injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo, Dec 29, 2018.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Harden is built like a truck, and so is tucker. They can get injured whether they play a lot of minutes or not. Who knows? Maybe the coach received an ultimatum, perhaps his job is on the line. They make a lot of money by going to the playoffs, which is what validates these big contracts. They have to play or we can't win. I'm sure Morey is well aware of their minutes. But they are paid to produce and the West is so tight that each rotation player makes that big of a difference.

Hakeemtheking and Lawlruschang like this.
  2. Exiled

Exiled Member

Eric Gordon: I'm not havin' fun with knee injury

hakeem94 and riko like this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Great, as long as we're aware overplaying people leads to more injuries. I'm saying this for the 3rd time: regardless of why we're doing it, we cannot plead ignorance or bad luck if we have injuries. It's not totally random, fatigue does play a part in injuries and long term performance.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Gordon out vs Memphis

Let's see if the Media gives *huge* credit to Westbrook for winning with no help...fawning over him.

In a loss, they'll probably talk about how Westbrook tried his best, and is such a warrior who loves the game; "How can you not be a fan." Or they will say how it's understandable Lebron gave up in the 4th quarter being surrounded with undrafted players like House and Clark, and NBA journeymen like Ennis, Rivers and Green, and a broken down big like Nene ... with 10 stories about how Morey needs to get Lebron some help.

amirite @DreamShook

5. Fantasma Negro

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No game thread yet.

BigMaloe, Vivi and saleem like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

beardo has to score 65 now for us to have a chance

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

This just sucks. I hope he is out just for one game.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Media is not really talking about Westbrook or comparing him to Harden this year. I kind of like Westbrook, I dislike the media love despite his trash play. Now that he is being relatively ignored with PG13 playing so well, it's seriously undercutting the OKC schadenfreude.

hakeem94 and J Sizzle like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't blame MDA for playing the players he feels he has to play to win the game. The onus is on MOREY to stock the roster full of "MDA playable worthy players." Morey did that with the Rivers addition. And the House addition. Need to keep it up though, Morey.

The Rockets really NEED creators. Harden/CP/Gordon/Rivers. Those 4 guys can create their own shot. Need even MOAR of them. This team is at its best when it has 3 creators on the floor AT ALL TIMES. House being a better creator than Ennis is a big element in his favor for him getting Ennis' old minutes.

jcmoon, Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

No word on the MRI yet?

kevtse, Tfor3 and saleem like this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Honestly I think even the media and their dislike for Hardens “style” of play understand and know that harden is on a different level than Russ.

I never see anyone in the media put Russ anywhere near the top 5 like harden gets regularly. Even when media guys hate harden the worst they can do is 7 lol. I haven’t seen Russ ranked 7 this year even in by his biggest supporters.

But we all know harden is number 1 player in the nba.

I’m sick of the AD and Giannis benifit of the doubt. Their great they have mvp potential but they haven’t done jack squat in the playoffs and AD can’t even get his team to the playoffs.

Giannis is the guy out of the two who has shown he can elevate his team like harden to HC advantage and playoffs yearly.

Of the past 4 seasons harden has more WC playoffs series wins than any player but the warriors guys.

How harden gets shammed for playoffs success is beyond me if their going to keep propping up all these other dudes who haven’t even won a playoff series or only been the playoffs 2x gonna miss it this year in his 6-7th season.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Took people about 3 years to realize that screaming a lot and a couple of dunks do not inherently mean you’re playing good defense and willing your team to victories.

Blurr#7 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

I compare Melo more to Yajirobe because technically he is available to help, but we all know he won't show up. The similarities are shocking.

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

DMO = Daryl Morey.

Dmo and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Brandon Knight trade asset going to go through the roof!

17. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Yikes, that GSW/HOU game could be a bloodbath...

Remlap and bilaal14 like this.
  18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Need gordon back for GSW.

He is an essential piece to the Rockets puzzle..and he was just starting to have fun again.

hope its just a bruise and he gets back ready to go.

with him and paul out... we might start losing again.

have faith in rivers to step up as a starter... butttttttt.... bench is gonna suffer.

Remlap likes this.
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yep: some posters call for D'Antoni's head AND they call for him to play Harden less minutes. If people are wanting to get the coach fired, that pressures him to win now and worry about later later.

20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Can we offer a very short contract to nick young due to Gordon Injury ?