1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BraBra, Nov 20, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

I was saying earlier if Stone turns Gordon and House into a good starting SF that might finally entice Harden to stay.

Russ
    Harden
    Hield
    Tucker
    Woods

that is just as good as Brooklyn or Philly the teams harden has been linked to

don grahamleone and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm old enough to remember that James has had his best performances when he's the de facto point guard surrounded by shooters. I'm old enough to remember that when Russ went on a crazy tear in January, Harden did not perform up to his normal level. This came around the time that Harden was averaging over 40PPG.

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Buddy hield at 24 million?

4. riko

riko Member

That’s pretty much the going rate for elite marksman

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His contract declines yearly I believe. Long-term it is actually really nice.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Great but the dude is 6'5 and as someone said isn't the best defender. If they were offering Barnes I would definitely bite.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

If Russ is going out, Hield might be exactly what we need next to Harden.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with Buddy Hield, not that I believe we even have a shot at him, is that he would be considered a BYC player in any trades this year. We technically could trade him for Gordon, but we would have to send out more in order to fit him in since we are hard capped. A trade with the Knicks works since they have some cap space available, plus they could send out someone like Julius Randle/Frank Ntikilina to the Kings, while being able to absorb Russ's contract. The Rockets would also end up with $15M more cap space as well (at least under the apron I believe, not actual spending money).

Rudyc281, saleem and RudyTBag like this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Oh Hield is much better than Barnes.

Either trade would require Russ or Harden for salary purposes. The hard cap limits a lot of moves the team could want to move theoretically.

Rudyc281, saleem and RudyTBag like this.
  10. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

That 24 mill rules out Hield lol

we need to sell high on Gordon, not at his lowest... trade deadline deal more likely.. his value can’t go lower than it is tbh

plus injuries will likely create needs for other contenders, see Thompson, Klay

Pringles and saleem like this.
  11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

This is the only way it seems. NYC could grease the deal for Houston and Sacramento If Thibs wants Russ.

topfive and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Barnes is terrible. One of the most disgusting players in the league with Nunn, Portis, DLo, Kuzma, etc. The tunnel vision squad. Gimme Buddy all day every day. If we can teach him to hustle a bit more on defense he'd be amazing in this team.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Cap Experts

Can we do S&T Gordon for Brandon Ingram? Not sure what the logistics of that would look like nor how much Ingram is gonna command. I know it will be upwards of $23 mil per season.

14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yes sir! Harden is alpha dog. He needs betas around him.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

And we have some serious DOGS at SF/PF now...

banzai and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

First if all New Orleans would never. Second, Ingram is getting his full max, around 158.3M/5 which will be 27.3M for next season so no we couldn't. I'm sure the only reason it hasn't been announced yet is negotiations over options and no trade clauses and the like.

joshuaao likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let him go he is injury prone and getting older.

And he doesn't like standing around waiting to catch and shoot.

DD

18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Based off what we saw against Utah when he dropped 50, I don’t like him standing around either. Gordon is more than a catch and shoot player

crenshaw likes this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It's very possible actually, you just have trade them harden in that scenario.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Gordon has elite ability to create his own shot, confidence to take it, and.....bloody awful efficiency for the last few years of his career.

Plain old variance will mean there's nights when he's singlehandedly destroying teams like Utah but also lots of 30 foot brickfests and lots of missed layups. He only shot 55.9% under the hoop last year, that's...not good! One of only 2 guys below 60% (Rivers the other).

don grahamleone and Rudyc281 like this.