1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -3.6 ppg, -1.9 rpg, and -1.9 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Duncan Robinson
    28 year old, 6-8, 210 lb F from Michigan
    6.5 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 17.4 minutes in 2022-2023
    [​IMG] Max Strus
    26 year old, 6-5, 220 lb G from DePaul
    15.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.9 apg in 32.6 minutes in 2022-2023
    [​IMG] Omer Yurtseven
    24 year old, 6-11, 255 lb C from Georgetown
    No games yet played in 2022-2023
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Eric Gordon
    33 year old, 6-3, 215 lb G from Indiana
    12.9 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.4 apg in 30.6 minutes in 2022-2023
    [​IMG] Boban Marjanovic
    34 year old, 7-4, 290 lb C from KK Vrsac Swisslion (Serbia)
    1.4 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 3.3 minutes in 2022-2023
    [​IMG] K.J. Martin
    21 year old, 6-7, 215 lb F from IMG Academy (Florida)
    11.2 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 25.5 minutes in 2022-2023

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^Neither team would do that ^

3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

4. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Crowder would not end up here, he would be sent to a contender.

BigMaloe, joshuaao, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’ve always liked Jae Crowder, but he’s 32 and doesn’t make much sense for us at this point in our rebuild. If we are dealing KJ and Gordon we better be getting back a solid 1st round pick or a young prospect with massive upside.

And why on earth do people keep throwing out trade scenarios where we take back Duncan Robinson? Why? He’s a turnstile on a bad contract.

peleincubus, Corrosion and BigShasta like this.
  6. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

KJ should be: NOT FOR SALE

7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I am skeptical at this point that we will get a first for EG on his own. I think the window for getting an FRP for him was last season and we let it pass. He turns 34 in a few weeks and is having a bad season with more players on the market available for trades. This probably accounts for why we're having to layer in added players into a FRP deal.

dobro1229 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The hoops people are having to jump through on the trade machine isn’t a good sign. It’s an admission of how you have to scratch another couple teams’ backs in order to get any value back.

I think people need to start preparing yourselves for a very depressing deal if it does happen at all like a near dollar for dollar deal for an unlikely pick swap or 2nd round pick.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I say no. We have Sengun, Smith, and Garuba needing developmental minutes. Why would we want to add another big man to the logjam?

I hope they can trade Gordon for a decent PG and/or a pick.

Carpe82 likes this.
  10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I did it either earlier in this thread or another with John Collins coming here and Crowder going to Atlanta. it was a week or so back when there were separate reports where it seemed all teams had spoke with one another on various trades. It's a win for all teams, though I'm not sure if immediate success is something that they are looking for.

11. monster

monster Member

The window is about closed for an EG trade that brings any value, and I don’t want to package KMJ, unless another team is willing to overpay.

Corrosion likes this.
  12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Right. He would be routed somewhere else in a 3 team trade.

But, the problem remains the same. Crowder may have slightly more value but the issue is that the Rockets want a good 1st rd pick and the only teams that would trade for Crowder/Gordon are only offering low 1st rd picks.

The only hope the Rockets have is that teams like the lakers/sixers/warriors get so desperate they'll trade a pick further in the future for him.

13. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Rumor floating around Twitter is a three team deal with GSW and PHX where we trade EG and KJ for Kuminga.

While KJ has been a better pro thus far and has shown he can play off of ball dominant players, I think Kuminga’s upside - athleticism+size+ability to attack off the dribble - is worth it. What do y’all think?

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I may get some heat for this…but I’d do KMJ and Gordon for Kuminga in a second.

joshuaao and mightybosstone like this.
  15. mightybosstone

While I'm not really on board with the "deal KJ" train, this is a trade I could get behind. Kuminga is a great buy low candidate having a poor season buried on a playoff team.

KJ is clearly better now, but I think his upside is far lower than Kuminga's. If Golden State is willing to make this deal, you do it for the rebuild.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Gotta pass on that deal, or pretty much any deal that includes KJ that doesn't return a legit star.

I'd rather move Tate, Mathews, Nix, Bruno or Tyty.

red5rocket likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I feel like we're not only giving up the best player in the trade but the player with the highest upside too in KJ.

Give them Tate or Mathews - hell both of them but not KJ.

Little Bit and Ankara1923 like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's hard to gauge the upsides of Kuminga and Martin. If it was last year, I'd say do it. But KJ has impressed me this season so far. The improvement is tangible and gives me hope that he has a good chance of getting even better. Kuminga was touted as one of the better prospects in his draft class but has not shown any sign of improvement so far. But Kuminga is one year behind Martin in development. So I really don't know.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL #RocketsTwitter took a BleacherReport article and spun it as “Rockets seriously discussing moving Martin for Kuminga!”

https://spacecityscoop.com/posts/rockets-rumors-could-rockets-really-flip-kj-martin-jonathan-kuminga

“In Bleacher Report’s fake trade, the Rockets send Eric Gordon and KJ Martin to the Phoenix Suns, the Suns send Jae Crowder to the Warriors, or the Spurs send them Jakob Poeltl and the Rockets land Jonathan Kuminga from the Warriors along with Dario Saric from the Suns. If the trade sounds like a mess, it’s because it is and isn’t real news, just speculation over the small truth that the Warriors might want Jae Crowder.”

BR Article

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I was a big fan of Kaminga in the 2021 draft, and he had a great rookie year. But the rumors about his work ethic are real troubling. Why is GS trading him? They don’t trust him to work to get better. That’s frightening considering they were able to get the most out of underachievers like Wiggins. Our coaching staff?

But no doubt his upside is huge and of course there’s a great relationship with Green. I guess it will come down to the inside intel on his mental toughness and work ethic. If it’s not there, I don’t make this deal. Last year yes. This year with KJ taking that next step, we need to be more cautious. On paper it would be a good deal.