1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

I’d take Wiggins in a heartbeat, really showed he can play great D at the highest level when it matters the most. He was the 2nd best player for GS, which is why I see no chance in hell this happens. I’d love it for Mitchell Wiggins redemption too. If his son can win here, see Mitchell around again, that would be glorious.

eliefor3 likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

One day I'm going to tell my grandkids about Eric being on the trade block and then we can discuss and mull over possible destinations.

burlesk, eliefor3, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

“Buddy, have I ever told you the one about Thybulle and a FRP? I have? Well, forgive an old man and his mock trades…”

burlesk, Corrosion and King1 like this.
  4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don’t understand the premise of this argument. Wiggins is a FA next year similar to EGo, even if GS decided it couldn’t pay both Poole and Wiggins(and I’m skeptical of that given Draymond has only one more year left on his deal) - why would GS trade the last year of Wiggins’ deal for the last year of EGo’s deal? We would have to send assets to GS to cover the loss of their 3rd best player AND almost certainly would have to max out Wiggins to retain him because that’s about the only way AW is coming to the one of the worst teams in the league from the best team.

I just don’t get why GS wouldn’t just roll with AW for the remainder of the year. There is no incentive to trade an expiring for an expiring when GS has the much better player unless Houston is also chipping in other pieces of value and I don’t think they will be talking about Nwaba and Tate.

…maybe I’m missing something because this very much feels like you are blinded by fandom from the reality of the situation.

Dobbizzle and clos4life like this.
  5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If they are not going to extend Wiggins, then they would lose him next year in free agency for nothing. By trading for Gordon and the Christian Wood trade filler, they can get a player that can still help them in their Championship push this year, plus FRP(s), and all of the salaries still come off the books next year to give them the LT relief they need. Crazy as it seems, this is probably the best offer they can get that accomplishes that for them. And you have to assume they are listening to offers or they would have extended Wiggins already.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Pass on Wiggins. 27 year old role player making boohoo money as the 4th option on his team. Doesn't fit our timeliness and doesn't move the needle.

It took a demanding Warriors culture to motivate him that we don't have.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

But I thought they want to lose him for nothing- the only reason they are considering letting him walk is because they want to retain Jordan Poole and they know he is the more valuable long term asset over a maxed out Wiggins who has proven he is a very expensive 3rd or 4th banana

…and by the way, I think unless we are handing GS assets, they are just going to pony up the cash for both and roll out the most expensive roster of all time and STILL make a profit

#787 glimmertwins, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

What did it say?

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

boohoo money lol

11. i3artow i3aller

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I've been saying, no one is going to give much for EG until the trade deadline.

Put him in bubble wrap and play him sparingly ( like 1st or 2nd game of Back-to-Backs )
    or about 10 to 12 minutes a game so he doesn't get hurt or rusty. Last thing we want
    is a hurt EG right before the trade deadline.

KPj 34 minutes
    Green 34 minutes
    J Christopher 28 minutes
    (No Nix or TyTy except in garbage time)

jcmoon likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

"I'm starting to worry Eric might not return a 1st rd pick guys"

- Clutchfans 2027

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't worry. Morey won't be able to resist trading a pick for Gordon. He needs to complete his Rockets legends ensemble in Philly.

BigMaloe, theDude, jcmoon and 3 others like this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Same old Rockets. Going to get a second round pick disguised as a first.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Isn't Bojan considered a defensive liability?

Gordon is a pretty good defender, and can guard bigger players in the post as well similar to Harden and Tucker. Eric Gordon is never a liability whenever he is on the court.

BigMaloe, clos4life, Easy and 2 others like this.
  17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

‘Reports’ said a FRP was on offer but required longer term $ back.

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

I say we ask for 8 FRP's essentially telling everyone he's untouchable. If that doesn't make someone cough up A FRP, I don't know what will. ;)

19. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s true, but the longer they wait, the better chance that other players become available, which drives down the price.

Believe It! likes this.
  20. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Gordon is living based off reputation at this point.

He ranked 3rd to last in DBPM last season and dead last in the entire league in defensive win share.