1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. alethios

alethios Member

Seems like a lot of trades/FA signings won't go down until Durant is dealt.

D-rock likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

just flat out terrible. no reason EG should still be here

The Houston Rockets were close to a draft night trade of Eric Gordon with the Philadelphia 76ers the presumed landing spot before talks fell apart.

The Rockets also received offers on Gordon from the Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns, who offered packages including first round picks. The Los Angeles Lakers have also expressed interest in Gordon.

The Sixers re-engaged the Rockets at the start of free agency, but were unable to get a deal done as Houston isn't desperate to trade Gordon. The Rockets could reevaluate offers on Gordon later in the offseason and even at the deadline.

Gordon signed a four-year, $76 million extension in 2019. Gordon has $19.6 million on his contract for 22-23 and $20.9 million for 2023-24. However, the final season is fully non-guaranteed unless Gordon's team wins the NBA Finals in 2023 or he makes the All-Star team in 2023.

3. Landry's Tooth

I suspect Miami was peddling Duncan Robinson which isn't someone we need...

red5rocket likes this.
  4. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I feel yah, but I think there has to be more to the deals than is being let out. Maybe those teams also wanted us to take some salary back on a player we don't want/need. If feels like he should have been moved (since the trade deadline) but those other teams may be trying to take advantage of our rebuilding situation, but Stone is not having it.

Stone seems to be playing hardball with all these teams until someone breaks and gives us a good deal for Gordon. If not, we keep him, let him mentor the young guys, and then have that cap space for next summer. I'm ok with that route too. We are not in a rush, Gordon doesn't seem to be upset about it either and is not causing issues with the team. If he is not mad, we can't be mad. Let's just see what happens. In my option we are playing from a position of strength. One of those teams will NEED him at some point and then they will come calling with the deal we want.

Corrosion, UTSA2step, jcmoon and 3 others like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Seems Miami might have wanted to get out from under Duncan Robinson's mistake of a contract. Don't know what Phoenix or Philadelphia could have offered.

Corrosion, D-rock and raining threes like this.
  6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Yep could be. Im sure those teams were trying to get us to take something back thinking we HAVE to move Gordon now, but Stone is showing them he is not messing around. Either come meet our price or kick rocks and lose in round 2 or conf finals because you don't have a player like Gordon on your roster. haha I like it.

ROXTXIA and raining threes like this.
  7. Rokman

Rokman Member

I want Gordon out and Kenny Lofton Jr. in. I don't care what that takes. He was available to be had as an undrafted free agent and Memphis got him. Now he's probing he's legit. I really want to be able to roll out an ALL-Jr lineup next year.

P.G. - Washington Jr.
    S.G. - Porter Jr.
    S.F. - Martin Jr.
    P.F. - Smith Jr.
    ..C. - Lofton Jr.

Stoner make it happen!!

RocketsTerps and Williamson like this.
  8. raining threes

I would have traded Gordon to Philly and drafted Jovic

ArtV likes this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If he made this happen, Stone would automatically become an honorary junior. Make it happen, Stone Jr!

10. i3artow i3aller

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sixers fans seem to be hoping to add EG and Harrison Barnes in a Tobias trade

haven’t even thought about how that gets done, but if it did, Morey would have had himself an amazing summer

Harden
    Maxey
    Barnes
    PJ
    Embiid

with EG, Melton, and House off the bench

that’s pretty good depth and a roster full of solid players

12. a time to chill

It's encouraging to know that teams are still willing to offer a first-round pick for Gordon. I thought at best we'd get a second. What is Stone waiting for? Get the deal done already.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Likely all the matching contracts included are for long term $ like Duncan Robinson which understandably Stone wouldn’t want.

Corrosion, pmac and a time to chill like this.
  14. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Teams are probably also waiting to see where Durant goes first. There's also the matter of figuring out what year pick we want. We have a lot of picks already, and you can only play 5 guys at a time; realistically your rotation may be 8-9 guys.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets at the trade deadline will get a useless player and a 2nd round pick for Gordon

D-rock and luckyman76 like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Look at the bright side, you’ll be happy that his tenure as a Rocket is finally over.

Reeko likes this.
  17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Assuming Gordon isn't hurt.

Aruba77 and Reeko like this.
  18. R=$

R=$ Member

We need to trade Gordon before the yearly Hammy issues.

darksoul35 and Aruba77 like this.
  19. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'd do that if they throw in Jovic, but the brass may see that cap space as sacred. Well... maybe, I really like Jovic but Duncan is still owed 65 million guaranteed. That'd essentially be 50 million to get the rookie if you subtract the 20 for Gordon this year and you still have to pay Jovic. It's easy to spend someone else's money tho.

Corrosion likes this.
  20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I don't think anyone will give a FRP for gordon at the deadline as a 1 year rental.

we either trade him before the season starts, or accept that he will just send him to a contender to do right by him with limited return at the deadline.

the more tari impresses in SL the less I care about the return we get for gordon. I just want tari and jabari starting from day 1. its the best defensive pair we've had since prime PJ and ariza.

Corrosion, luckyman76, D-rock and 2 others like this.