1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon to meet with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 1, 2012.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

And that's certainly understandable. I don't blame anyone for being concerned about his injury history.

I think he's worth the risk, but that's just me.

2. Grape_Swisha281

10-11 LAC 56 56 37.7 0.450 0.364 0.825 0.8 2.1 2.9 4.4 1.3 0.3 2.70 2.05 22.3
    In his best season stats wise.. He did average 22.3 BUT once again he did not play a injury free season... his shooting and 3 point shooting averages were low.. hes just a high volume chucker.. pass

3. Grape_Swisha281

and if it wasnt about the money.. why did he come back and "prove" hes legit when New Orleans wasnt competing any how..?

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

An injury prone 6'3 shooting guard?

5. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Eric Gordon is Monta Ellis 2.0

6. Jman713

Jman713 Member

Grodon/lamb

7. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Insanity ! I'm not sure you have seen either of these two play

8. jdjd

jdjd Member

i have a question? are we talking about a guy that's 33 and injury prone or 23 with a few injured seasons? reading some of the post on this thread you would think he couldn't possibly ever last entire nba season ever in life. So what the guy has had a few injuries, the question is are they injuries that are likely to reoccur? i'm willing to bet he will be an allstar somewhere this season, and we would be stupid to not have him in rockets red at the time.

9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

They're both undersized Shooting guards who dont play a lick of defense.

10. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Ugh. Terrible. Just terrible.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thats ridiculous. Gordon is a very, very good defender. Strong base, great hands, and works his butt off. The Monte Ellis comparison would be evidence that you have never seen him play a game of basketball. He's a very, very good SG. One of the top ones in the league. Without the injuries, he's a max player getting offers from every team in the league with caproom.

12. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I guess I haven't seen enough of Gordon to have an opinion on his defensive consistency but if he even stops one play a game thats more then Ellis. A better comparison would have been Martin = Ellis. Gordon is one of the top SG and the best comparison I have is a Kroger brand Russell Westbrook

13. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Agree with above 2 posts. Guy is a top-flight SG who CAN play D. A Monta Ellis comparison is pure garbage.

14. ILoveTheRockets

I have to disagree with this. He has a good level head and takes shots he should take. He has played on 2 teams were he was pretty much the best player on the court, and more often than not had to " try" and put the teams on his back.

The guy is an absolute baller when he is on the court.

15. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Monta Ellis always destroys the Rockets now

16. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Yeah but so does Jason Terry, and a lot of other players for that matter. Some times I feel like players are saying " man I did bad this week , I guess there's always Houston next week "

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If it was up to some of you,the Rockets wouldn't have anyone on their roster since they haven't led anyone anywhere. Give me a break. Eric Gordon is a stud, and I'm glad Morey recognizes that.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He shot 45%...lol, that's pretty awesome for a SG.

And 36% from 3 pt land? Thats better than the majority of the NBA, including: Danny Granger, Manu Ginobili, Chris Paul, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Mario Chalmers, Kobe Bryant, Russel Westbrook, etc...

So, yes, he averages 22.3 ppg AND he shoots well.

19. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Housekeeping note: Rockets swingman Courtney Lee is now an unrestricted free agent after Rockets withdraw his qualifying offer

Gordon is coming to houston?

20. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Or he just wants too much money. Morey clearly has no issue letting good players who want too much money walk. For better or worse...

Regardless, I was hoping to start the season with Gordon/Lamb(Doubtful) or Martin/Lamb(Keep expiring contract and tank)