1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon The second Playmaker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 29, 2016.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

1) Ennis is not a distributor 2) Ennis can't run the PnR (in order to do so you also need to be a scoring threat, he isn't)

But enough said on Ennis. I wish the kid luck and success. I just don't think he has it. Hope he proves me wrong or MDA takes him out of the rotation completely.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't care what Gordan does. As long as he gets the ball to Gordon so he score.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...we don't really have a choice with Ennis- he is our lone PG without Bev. He might not have the right skill set but he is all we got. A little sad to see Prigioni not on the final roster but taking a chance on a 22yr old athlete over a 39 yr old vet is not a bad bet especially given the lack of durability of Bev. We couldn't rely on a 39 yr old getting big minutes while Bev was out - at least not for very long....

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Bobby Brown is insulted.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He should be - ha!

6. dmoneybangbang

He excelled at the PNR in college and was a pass first guard. That's why the rockets traded for him under MDA.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Watch Ennis on this one.
    1. He first shouts out instructions on the 5 Out Motion play,
    2. Sets the key Flex Cut pick for Brewer to force the switch,
    3. Takes Capela's DHO down pick and converts it into a PnR for a nasty Slam, because Carlisle's vaunted defense doesn't know who is guarding whom.
    This is a major-league play by Ennis.

#47 heypartner, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Now why would you play the hand you're dealt when the rules allow you change your hand? That phrase is for people too afraid of change or risk. That's neither Les or Morey, and for that I am thankful.

This roster is far from set, wait and see.

9. heypartner

[​IMG]

#49 heypartner, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

So what would you put the chances of us adding another point guard before Bev comes back?

It seems by what the insiders on here say, we are after a pf/c.

11. heypartner

And here's the play.

12. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I've been pleased wit Gordons play. He looks comfortable, confident with everything he's trying to do out there. Doesn't matter if Hardens on the floor either, just does what he does

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I am neither a witch nor a prophet so not going to throw some BS Nostradamus percent number out there. All I know is precedent, and Morey always makes moves before and/or at trade deadline. True PG is not the goal, just more players that can handle and distribute a la Beard, JSmoove, EGo, etc.

And another big is definitely needed on this team, maybe two. But that acquisition does not preclude bringing in another quality facilitator. Or two.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

IF he can stay healthy, Gordon's contract is going to look a lot like Ariza's soon....i.e. a huge bargain.

We're starting to look more like that pre Harden team that had a lot of interesting trade assets.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

The FBI should reopen the DB Cooper case because Gordon disappears when he is needed most, down the stretch he clanks the rim, and when Harden leaves the court has he scored a basket? The dude took money and jumped. I'll give him some time to work in, but right now, he isn't producing. Is he better than Beverley, heck ya, but not delivering what we really needed.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think we may be expecting too much. He'll give us about 15 ppg on .565 TS%. That's pretty solid for our first guy off the bench (when Bev comes back)

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. mockster

mockster Member

He had a mediocre game and that's gonna happen

Last game he had 18 points and 6 assist. Hes gonna be a great player for us but don't expect superstar stats on the daily

As Mr. Clutch said the guy is gonna score anywhere from 15-25 points a game. I think his career avg is 18 ppg

#57 mockster, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, I think he'll get more than 15 considering we'll ask him to score.

Gordon had 2 years where he scored over 20 ppg

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

It's refreshing... We finally have someone that can get his own shot and still play alongside a ball dominant player.

mockster likes this.
  20. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member