1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon: permanent starter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Von Rafer, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

He's our second best player and a great fit with Harden. Bev provides energy off the bench with Montrezl and KJ.

Getsum64 likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Don't like it.

Don't need "energy" off the bench. Need Gordon to carry the load when Harden off the floor. Any lineup with Harden in it is an offensive juggernaut regardless of the other players.

charlieaustin and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Isn't this a little early? I'd like to see Bev just get out of his suit and into a uniform on the court. Not saying I'm against the idea - just think it's a discussion that can wait, at least until Bev comes back healthy. Assuming he does, of course (no sure thing). As Lars points out, there are good arguments to be made regarding Gordon and the second unit.

Easy, DallasThomas and DudeWah like this.
  4. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

We need to make a trade, Harden and Gordon aren't enough when it comes to creators.

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Absolutely not. We need his playmaking for the second unit. We should play him at times with Harden, but we need him more as the leader of the second unit. Beverly can commit to defense and spot up threes.

charlieaustin likes this.
  6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Gordon starting and being on court when Harden is off don't seem mutually exclusive to me. If it makes things easier for MDA, I'm fine with Gordon not starting...just seems unnecessary. Bev and Gordon usually will both be in when Harden sits.

DudeWah likes this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Just because EGo needs to play when Harden is not, doesn't mean that they can't start together. As long as we stagger their minutes accordingly, it will be OK. I am just waiting for Anderson to figure things out. We all know he can.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Count me as another who thinks it doesn't matter much. As long as he's staggered with James and Bev isn't playing starters' minutes, I think we're OK.

D-rock likes this.
  9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

doesn't matter...he fits with Harden or Bev...even with Ennis, but he won't play much later.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Harden, Bev, and Ego will all likely play more than 30 mpg. Bev's minutes are going to come from Ennis, KJM, and Brewer.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'm always up for an upgrade and I know Morey is never finished and never satisfied but I feel pretty good about a Harden-Gordon-Beverley guard rotation. In the playoffs we should have a 7-9 man rotation. If they're healthy, three good to great guards are plenty.

DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

How many creators do we need anyways ? How many do the great teams have . Cavs have what ...Kyrie and Lebron ? SA has 2 or 3 . GS has a wealth for sure .

Harden and Gordon are a decent start . If our chemistry continues to improve and the young guys can learn the system .. Then the system and the plays will be the creators . Beverley is a pseudo creator . Nene is an excelent passer for his position as is DMO if we could sign him .

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

starting unit has plent of offense esp under mda. eg would be redundant and wasteful since u cant utilize him fully that way. increase chance of injury to his fragile body

2 main reasons to bring him off the bench
    - not much offense from bench players. they need to feed off someone and eg can be that guy
    - body isnt the same as it was 5 years ago so going up against bench units will make the game easier thus greatly decreasing chance of injuries

it makes more sense to bring him off the bench as s super 6th man than to start him next to harden.

14. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

When I say "another creator", I mean it in terms of depth, Harden is one of the top 5 offensive talents in the league so of course we run the offense through him.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Lol the funny thing is your right but I do like Gordon playing with harden. But harden makes anyone look serviceable. Him and Lebron are the best at that over the past decade.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

sounds like you're describing a disease. he has a permanent starter.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Another playmaker/star would be nice.. But we really just need to keep replacing one way guys with those who can play both sides of the court. Courtney Lee types, who have a decent shot, handle, and can defend.

D-rock likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Cmon Deckard, everything on the GARM has to be a black-or-white, yes-or-no answer. You know that.

19. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Gordon should stay a starter. Bev starting over him would be a travesty. We get off to great starts when Gordon starts. That's very important.

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

That's a bullshit call, ball don't lie!