1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon is trash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PatBev, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

The reasons they give is he is like a bull and takes a lot out of the defense. Over the coarse of a game it wears you down. That’s not in the stats. It hides in the physical part of the game.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get that, and those are the type of "intangibles" that actually exist to an extent, but players tend to overvalue those things and ignore some other things when they are hyping up fairly trash players.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

No doubt I mean Harden did personally recruit him

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I like Eric A LOT more than I did when he was our second option. 3rd/4th option he thrives.

5. PatBev

PatBev Member

No, but when you get paid millions, I expect you to be able to dribble without turning it over

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

25% from 3 is not good enough.

DD

Highlyrated and tycoonchip like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

8. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Idk about trash, but I would call him highly inconsistent

PatBev likes this.
  9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If they give up a 1st , you send him with balloons and flowers to that GM

10. HP3

HP3 Member

No, you only do this if you are trading Harden for sure and mailing it in. No....you only do this if you plan to get a better player back with that pick. Are these people even reliable?

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Give us buddy for Gordon instead.

give them Tucker if Denver wants him if we can get MPJ

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2m7kzo7

maybe this one with kings and Denver. :p both positive wins. Hehehe idk if Denver and the kings would do it. But rumor was Denver wanted pj and Sacramento wanted buddy out or buddy wanted out. So :/ idk

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3wmt6w8

Houston gets. Buddy/whiteside/MPJ

kings: Gordon/house

Denver: pj/Clemonsand I forgot what else. Lol

we also need a back up c to help Cousins.
    Buddy is streaky but usually shoot way better than Eric.
    I like Eric when he drives but he doesn’t do it enough or he gets upset when they don’t call a foul. Eric is better in defense but Buddy didn’t play that bad against us.
    Pj is just not cutting it. Looks slow and can’t make his 3s. Why is he there if he can’t do those things. He wanted to get paid and was upset. Let’s see if Denver pays him.
    MPJ would be nice here. Better than PJ on offense. We would replace pj defense with Whiteside length & pnr

And if we decide later to trade Harden we would have a younger core. No PJ and Gordon. And Buddy could be trade if he doesn’t work here or if we decide to move from Harden. We need reliable 3pt shooters.

#111 cerophilik, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Depending on the player that comes back, otherwise this team isn't trying to keep Harden no more.

I would say they are dangling him in rumors to find out his market value, good luck.

13. Rockets4Life13

Literally no team other than houston would do that trade.

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Outside a trade for a better player, I can't imagine a situation where I'd be okay trading Gordon. If we keep Harden, Gordon is the only consistent offense outside our top 3 players. Trade Harden? We'll need Gordon to replace much of Harden's offense.

HP3 likes this.
  15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Gordon looks like he is back to 2017-2018 form and playing well within the offense. As others have mentioned, he needs to be that consistent force off the bench that can score in multiple ways. If he is inconsistent, then that is when a lot of us turn on him as it usually gets us in a pretty big hole when his shot is not falling especially considering he continues to shoot his way out of it.

Let's hope he can bring the consistency that he did back in 2017-2018. If he does, he is too valuable to trade unless we get a clear upgrade at the 3, 4, or 5. Even then, we would have to hope that Brown, Nwaba, Bmac, etc. can stepup and fill in his role but none of them are as capable of Gordon to put up 20+ any given night. Brown is off to a good start but I can't see him realistically being a true Gordon replacement. It may end up being worth it if the upgrade we get trading Gordon is greater than the downgrade from Gordon to Brown/Nwaba/Bmac. Even Gerald Green could factor in if he is resigned later in the season. I think we will see some inconsistencies from that group and their inability to finish at the rim or attack the rim which will make us wish for Gordon as surprising as it sounds.

Either way, I am glad Gordon is playing better either as a trade piece or a super 6th man off the bench. Wall and Harden have to figure out how to play better together but the one constant so far has been Gordon who seems to play well right now no matter who is on the court. Hopefully he keeps it up.

HP3 likes this.
  16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

:D

I didn’t say it was good for them. Let a man dream lol:p