1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon is having fun, now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Eric had fun last night. 10-14 fun!

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Eric it was fun, now leave Houston.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Unfortunately other teams only have superficial interest.

Others come way cheaper and younger.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

@Corrosion

Here is a trade I proposed in the random trade thread.

Trade two to get a roster spot open to sign Matthew. You also waive Bledsoe (or keep him), he only has $3.5M guaranteed next year, so Rockets can eat that up.

Clippers need an EG type player and DJ allows them to have a back up for Reggie Jackson. Only cost them 2 SRPs as well.

tradenba-snap-1638645726881.png

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Eric Gordon appreciation thread is a forgone conclusion.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If he isn’t traded in the next month I’m gonna freak out. Every game he plays he risks injury. Last year we made the mistake of waiting too long and he got injured and wasn’t moveable. Our GM needs to be aggressively trying to move EG before it’s too late. He’s shooting over 40% from 3 right now. Get er done!

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't know how that trade machine says that trade works , it doesn't.

Neither the Rockets nor the Clippers have cap space so all trades must fit between the 125%+100k rule.

The trade you proposed is 139.2%

It works if you swap House for Augustin which is 119%.

It works if its just EG for Bledsoe straight up ....

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Danuel works too. That makes me even happier if that happened lol. I figured to go the creative route to see if we can open up a roster spot.

DeBeards likes this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wouldn't the Rockets be as interested or more take back contracts that expire after next season? They could take back bad contract(s) and better pick(s) in that case then have those and Wall's contract done and ample cap space.

Corrosion likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I disagree with this given that a lot of different things have happened during the five game streak lineup wise but the one constant thing (mostly) is Wood starting at Center and Silas going with one big lineups. And they have beaten two pretty good teams and 3 wins against bottom feeders like us.

Also, in the first game with the one big lineup Green was having his best start to a game when he got hurt.

Garrison Matthews is not a better player now and he won’t be in the future. He is a nice piece, should be locked up, and should remain a starter when Green gets back. Gordon should go back to sixth man.

DeBeards and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Part of the idea here is to open a roster spot to lock up Mathews .... meaning you want a contract you can waive or buy out as part of the return.

Lets not forget that they could simply hang onto EG as his contract expires at the same time as Wall's - Unless they win the championship which guarantee's his final year.
    But you have a point , and it does open some doors to take a contract that expires next year rather than this year in exchange for EG and maybe get a better asset as a result.

The options:

1) EG For a contract between $14,575,054 & $22,773,522 that expires either this year or next.

2) Cut House and then trade EG for two contracts that combine for between $14.57m-$22.77m.

3) Or adding House to EG and breaking that up into two contracts totaling between $17.28 and $27m .

None of these solved the issue of a roster spot for Mathews alone - in each case you would still need to waive , buy out or trade someone to clear that roster spot.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It could be argued either way .... and its more likely a combination of things that created the win streak - level of competition being the main one with 3 wins in a row against the other bottom dwellers. They were just due for one in Chicago ....

Lets not forget that the game Green got hurt in wasn't the only time he played with only one big on the court , that was just the first time they started with only one big on the court , yeah he was having a decent game but that's the smallest of small sample sizes.

As for who's the better player , I think its very clear that Mathews is the better player "right now" - far better shooter and defender.
    But he doesn't have the upside of Green who has the potential to be much better ..... eventually.

I'm still trying to figure out why Silas went with Mathews over House , Brooks or Christopher to begin with .... Not that I'm complaining about the results , just wonder what the decision making process was.