1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Bledsoe anyone???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Jan 12, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

What do you know about Eric's work ethic. There are so many players in the NBA that are talented & have the upside but amount to nothing because they lack work ethic. Rudy Gay is a classic example of this. I know Lin works hard. I know absolutely nothing about Bledsoe's work ethic. You are a fan of his do you know anything about Bledsoe's work ethic?

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Can't say that I do. I dont know the guy personally. im just dating his sister.

And I agree with your point that how hard a player works directly correlates to his success. That's why I'm sure Lin will eventually fulfill his potential.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Well if you ever find out about Bledsoe & how hard he works I would love to hear about it. He definitely does have an advantage learning alongside CP3 & Billups. Hopefully he puts in the work. Time will tell.

4. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I don't know much about his work ethic but when a player like CP3 says something like "He deserves to run his own team, he deserves to be a starter somewhere." It carries a lot of weight in my book. Guys like CP don't say things like that about just anyone.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

CP3 said a similar thing about Darren Collison. Look how that turned out?

1 person likes this.
  6. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Well if that's what CP3 said then he was correct, Collison has been a starter for much of his career.

7. The Blake Show

Bledsoe works extremely hard according to his teammates. Although if you look at two things it's evident without even asking.

1. His frame. Dude is 6'0-6'1 and 205 pounds of muscle. I honestly think he would win a wrestling match with any guard in the NBA lol. Obviously to have that kind of physique he either takes a ****load of steroids which I doubt, or he works his ass off.

2. People keep knocking his passing, turnovers and ability to run a team but they don't know how far he's come. His turnover rate this year compared to his previous two seasons is down a massive 25-30 percent last I checked. That's a HUGE improvement.

People knocking his shooting percentage again... go look at what it was in his first two years compared to this season. 47 percent from the field, 34.5 percent from deep and 79 percent from the line is VERY good for a defensive PG who supposedly can't shoot. The improvements if you dig deeper are all across the board.

So improved scoring, improved defense, improved turnover issues and still young and learning from two HOF PG's every day? Hell yes guy is going to keep growing. He's actually starting to implement CP3 moves this year which have made me crack up. Like the one where CP3 backs into a player and almost boxes him out while dribbling.. and the no look passes. Things Bledsoe never did his first two years.

The thing that separates Bledsoe though is his physical attributes that you can't teach.

6'1 with a 6'8 wingspan and the same standing reach as the 6'6 Kobe. 40 inch vertical... insane strength and speed. I've seen him outrun Russell Westbrook and Ty Lawson as well as manhandle bigs in the paint like Zach Randolph and Ken Faried.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Collison has been a solid starter throughout his career (with Indiana and now with Dallas). Not sure what you're referring to.

9. pnr

pnr Member

From all who hyped up his defense before the rox game tonight, he didn't really do anything eye opening on defense. I'd be wary of him being darren collison 2.0. Backup PGs tend to do very well playing behind CP3. Hopefully he'll get his own team after his rookie contract and we'll all see what he can do.

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

That's silly. Collison emerged while Cp3 was hurt.

11. pnr

pnr Member

Isn't that what Bledsoe is doing now?

12. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Collison started 37 games that year, this was cp3s 2nd game out and probably his last. Bledsoes been making most of his noise from the backup role.

13. The Blake Show

Although the blocks weren't credited to him but rather teammates Bledsoe had 2 blocks, 2 steals and a couple forced turnovers. Not by any means a "dominant" defensive game for Bledsoe but a very respectable one. His problem was Lin and Harden both have a great first step and he was playing them way too aggressively at times, letting them go right by him.

Bledsoe a lot of the time just dominates defensively in a way I haven't seen from a PG since Gary Payton. I mean this guy can rack up 5 defensive boards, 5 steals, 2-3 steals in a HURRY. Like another poster in this thread said he's something like Kyle Lowry lite. A worse offensive, slightly better defensive Kyle Lowry basically.

I think best case scenario as a full time starter having to use his energy running an offense he can put up something like 18 ppg, 6 rpg, 6 apg, 2.5 spg, 1.5 bpg on solid efficiency. Again these are basically identical to Kyle Lowry numbers but with increased blocks and steals.

14. The Blake Show

Would you guys support this trade?

Jeremy Lin
    Chandler Parsons

for

Eric Bledsoe
    Caron Butler
    Future 1st rounder
    Future 2nd rounder

???? I think Bledsoe would be a great match next to Bledsoe since he's great at penetrating the lane and kicking out and would be the defensive stopper on the wing for you guys, racking up steals and blocks to fuel your fastbreaks. I think Parsons fills the Clippers need for a young, athletic, do everything type SF who doesn't need a bunch of shots.

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

In the words of Dirk, if Parsons were on the Clipp's you can

"Shut it down...., let's go home."

16. itachen

itachen Member

Pretty impressed with Bledsoe, he's a starter in this league. who is between second and third tier of PGs. However I think if given starter minutes, he's not going to be as efficient.. Maybe a 15pt 5as 5rb type, which is pretty good.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah it cracked me up to, Bledsoe forcefully implementing some "what CP3 taught me" backside into the defender moves. And didnt look bad doing it either. And shows hes willing to learn.

I see Bledsoe something like a Devin Harris type, when Harris was known as a defender. Getting it done on agility abd speed, with some point guard skills mixed in

18. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

This trade doesn't make any sense. First of all, We are looking for young talent. Why do we need Caron Butler? LAC's pick is guaranteed to be a late. I just don't get why do we give up 2 youngsters for 1. It will bring much uncertainty, while we at least can see where are we heading.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

DC is a poor decision maker. He lost his starting spot in the Play offs last year & was sent out of Indy for a reason. In Dallas he once again lost his starting spot to Derrick Fisher. Is he even starting in Dallas now that Fisher is gone?

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's pretty clear that Bledsoe's work ethich is through the roof.