1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Bledsoe anyone???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Not giving up on our players either except for our 2 power forwards. :grin:

2. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Last 15 games (starting Knick's game) including Philly stinker. FG%, steal, reb above average, but TOV are high and 3pt shooting continues to be horrible.

FG% 3P% FT% TRB AST STL BLK TOV PTS
    0.468 0.232 0.750 3.8 6.7 2.5 0.3 3.6 14.1

Bledsoe is Career 27.5% 3pt shooter with TS% 0.501. If pair another PG with Harden he should be very good off the ball shooter. Bledsoe not the answer.

If talk a PG to pair with Harden, Mario Chalmers style seem to be the best fit and also know for defense. Plus he know how who play with Ball dominate SG and SF with proven playoff experience.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling that Bledsoe is doing to torch us tonight.

4. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Thoughts, or Comments anyone????

5. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

He's good...really good

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Bledsoe with the Clippers averaging 18mpg is such a waste of talent. He's so much better or at least at par with most of the starting PG's in the league.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Now...who thinks Bledsoe is nothing special?

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well the jinx didn't work. :(

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If Lin had screens set for him he would have dominated this Bledsoe guy.

10. Arthurprescott2

Love Bledsoe~ I said after Week 1 that he's too good to be coming off the bench for the Clippers. Some here were skeptical for sure.

He is undersized, he can't really shoot. But he's fun as hell to watch cause of his athleticism and great D.

11. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Stop please

12. platypus

platypus Member

Kid's built like a tank. If he gets a jumpshot he would be a more athletic kyle lowry. certainly an all star caliber player.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Still need to see more of his ability to run a team by himself. I don't think at this point in his career he can do it full time & he has yet to be fully scouted yet. Jury is still very much so out on him. Still stand behind my statement that he can be anywhere from Kyle Lowry type PG in the future to Nate Robinson type. All depends on his work ethic. He has great athleticism I just hope he doesn't have one of those work ethics where he just coasts on his athelticism & doesn't work on his fundamentals. A lot of NBA guys do that. Interesting prospect nonetheless.

14. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

agreed.. right now he can be relied on to be a sparkplug PG

I think realistically he'll end up being a really good 6th man

15. Sen89

Sen89 Member

He's a 20-5-7 guy in an uptempo system where he's given the reigns

Dude's incredibly gifted

16. Sen89

Sen89 Member

AND the best D at his position in the league

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

but why do people think he'll get that jumper? Bledsoe has been in the league as many years as Lin, he's played more minutes than Lin yet you have a bunch of people here who somehow already know Lin wont' ever have a jumper and he's peaked, but Bledsoe is somehow on the up and up and just getting better.

18. ballplayer

I don't think anyone here is saying give Bledsoe the starter position from day one. I think if you put him behind Lin, he either makes Lin better or He makes Lin expendable in a year or so. Again Lin needs to be more consistent, how do you make a player more consistent, give him competition that is just as good as him and let them battle. I think at this point Bledsoe is a better scorer, defender, and all-around athlete than Lin. Lin is a better passer
    I think they are on the same level in terms of there leadership and team running skills.

Another thing I notice about Bledsoe tonight is that we all know his three point shot is suspect so he doesn't shoot it, unless his is wide open. 1 for 1 from the 3pt line. That shows restraint and that he is willing to do what is best for the team by staying within himself. Another plus.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think Lin will improve, but I think Bledsoe has more talent and upside. Remember, Bledsoe came out way way too early and raw. He literally just turned 23 and only saw 11 minutes of playing time last year. He hasn't gotten his opportunity yet, but when he does....watch out.

I'm not trying to say Lin suks. I'm just saying that Bledsoe has a chance to be special, and I wish we could pry him away from the clips before he blows up. He's signed on the cheap for 2 more years.

Btw: you can't teach Bledsoe's defensive instincts or athleticism, but you can teach the jumper.

20. ballplayer

A year and a half behind CP3 and Billups is more valuable than D-league stints and 25 games with Knicks. in my opinion.
    Jumpers can be worked on. Remember M.Jordan(wasn't a great shooter when he came into the league), Avery Johnson (had to get one to before the spurs could win a title), Clyde Drexler(couldn't shoot when he got to the NBA) and more recently Kyle Lowry right here before all of our eyes.

#140 ballplayer, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013