1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Erdogan's Zionism Comments Particularly Offensive

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 1, 2013.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I stopped reading Mathlooms crazy fundamentalist posts after the whole U.S is an imperialist country with reference to the Syria problem, but ATW is creeping up there. Great poster in the GARM, unsorted, and other forums though.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Zionism is a racist ideology and Zionist Israel is no different than Apartheid South Africa.

Hilarious and true at the same time.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nah, you're way past pointing out atrocities. You're fixated completely. It's your single issue. Just like this thread. What atrocity was committed?

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So D&D threads are now only allowed to be about atrocities? Maybe you should read the forum description.

Your problem is that you hate Israel (that much is clear) and probably you are also an anti-semite.

Therefore, it is obvious that you would not understand why the US Secretary of State would make such a strong statement condemning Erdogan's inane comments, and would rather focus on the messenger.

Again, let's remember that a "left" US government condemned these statements.

Only some lunatic fringe people like CometsWin, Kwame, etc. would not want to understand why.

5. CometsWin

Atrocity was your word, genius. I know full well why American politicians kiss Israeli ass, you could figure it out if you tried.

You're just not worth my time anymore. Your derision of anything Muslim is pathetic. The Islamophobe lunatic calling other people lunatics in his latest idiotic thread. You're in bigtexxx zone. You post some Muslim hating bull****, get called on it, then claim your innocence and everyone else's unreasonable stance for calling it what it is. *snore* Boring.

1 person likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You sound very angry.

Posting a comment by the Turkish prime minister getting condemned by the US Secretary of State is "Muslim hating bull****" in your eyes, which pretty much shows that you have lost it.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You throw out the word ani-semite quite liberally.

Here is the defenition of anti-semitism according to Merriam-Webster: hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group.

Criticizing Israeli government on policy is not attacking the Jewish faith.

And the U.S. government is a pawn of Israel because evangelicals believe they are the "chosen people". Its a sad state of affairs. Anyone in Congress that is critical of Israel is scene as a traitor to the United States. Look at Chuck Hagel, a Republican combat vet senator who is no scene as an enemy to Republicans because he is critical of Israel.

Are you capable of separating the nation of Israel from the Jewish faith? They are two different things. Criticizing the nation does not have to mean attacking the Jewish faith.

1 person likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

edited

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Correct. And pointing out Islamist atrocities and Islamist politicians making ludicrous, anti-semitic statements is not necessarily attacking the Muslim faith.

CometsWin dances around answering the question, but quite clearly, his posting history shows that he wants Israel gone from the map. Same with glynch.

You are correct in principle that one can very well criticize actions, decisions and positions held by the Israeli government and that alone does not make someone an anti-semite. But when it becomes quite clear that what someone really wants is to see Israel wiped off the map - that's a different story.

10. CometsWin

Anyone that disagrees with your bigotry is themself a bigot and has lost it. I love how that works. Lol

You really need some therapy or something. Good luck with that. I'm just going to ignore the troll now. Thanks.

11. fchowd0311

Though I agree wiping of Israel out of the map NOW would be an atrocity since its a developed nation where millions work and live, I can see why people do not agree with the INITIAL premise of carving out a nation for the purpose for the sake of "god's chosen people".

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Maybe, but that was about 70 years ago. (They got invaded by the armies of 6 Arab nations the same day.)

14. trustme

trustme Member

I think I just figured out the template you use for your posts. Game over, foo.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You haven't figured out anything. You are barely intelligent enough to figure out the way to the bathroom.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The biggest question I have to ask is....

how the **** did you edit your post? You're not a CB!!!

There has to be some sort of conspiracy going around!

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. fchowd0311

I dunno. I have transcended past logic and physics.

19. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

What was anti semitic about Erdogan's comment? Explain how criticizing Zionism is the same as attacking the Jewish faith.

20. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

The Jewish faith == the Jewish people == the Jewish State

Criticizing the Israeli government is not that same thing as saying that the nationalist movement that created it is a crime against humanity.

It's also a tad ironic, considering that the whole enterprise started under Ottoman authority, a fact I'm reminded of as I am across the street from this. Maybe Erdogan pines to have his former empire back?

#60 Deji McGever, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013