1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Erdogan's Zionism Comments Particularly Offensive

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Anxiety Trooper

I agree and I'm catholic Brazilian. What up ATW?

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

That isn't what Zionism is at all. Zionism is simply a nationalist movement for the Jewish people. The intention was to pursue a homeland for the Jewish people where they were guaranteed certain freedoms. That's no different than a nationalist movement for Palestinians.

You can be secular and a Zionist at the same time. (in fact many of the original Zionist leaders were secular) That said there are Zionists who are extremely right-wing and hold some radical views. However, the two are not connected. One can be a left wing Zionist that wants peace, a Palestinian state, etc..

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Zionism led to a massive displacement of an indigenous population by another population that was considered a pariah in Europe and Russia.
    [​IMG]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23241444

Recent genetic analysis shows that "the European Jewish genome is a mosaic of Near Eastern-Caucasus, European, and Semitic ancestries, thereby consolidating previous contradictory reports of Jewish ancestry."

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also: "present-day Jewish populations are, finds Elhaik, primarily the children of a Turkish people who lived in what is now Russia, north of Georgia, east of Ukraine. This civilization, the Khazars, converted from tribal religions to Judaism between the 7th and 9th centuries."

http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/1/75.long

This is peer reviewed, and it is reflects data and not faith.

The Khazarian Hypothesis was proven last year, and thus the Rhineland Hypothesis was disproven.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That is actually not true.

Let me tell you a few things I believe to be true:

- All kinds of nationalism and religious extremism are bad.
    - Islamism is religious extremism.
    - Zionism can be religious/nationalist extremism in many cases, but does not necessarily have to be (read the Wikipedia article for an introduction to the various meanings of the term)
    - Criticism of Islamism is warranted in most cases, but not when it is meant to degrade Muslims per se, rather than an extremist ideology - in that case, it is bad.
    - Criticism of Zionism can be warranted, but often overlaps with anti-semitism, which runs rampant among Muslim societies

Agreed.

What do you mean by "what has happened with that land"? The fact that Israel exists? :confused:

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I love how you can label people to from a country you are not a citizen of.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Like how you label Israelis?

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Israelis and their proxies have become Quannel X certified when it comes to conflating anti-Zionism with anti-semitism.

I will say there's no question that many of the people, especially in that area of the world, against Zionism are anti-semites however that doesn't make them wrong. Much like the case in the US with people against Obama policies. Many of them are racists, doesn't necessarily make them wrong on the merits.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Like...calling people "Islamophobes" who rightfully point out atrocities committed in the name of Islamism?

10. fchowd0311

How I label Israelis? Show me ONE post where I attack the actual PEOPLE of Israel. All my complaints are with a government not its people.

11. fchowd0311

Honestly ATW, members on this board will be less critical of you if you throw in some threads that criticized wrongs done by other groups of people mixed in with Islamic terrorism. Because right now you convey the perception of a man obsessed with a certain group of people which makes it for harder for many posters to take you seriously. Majority of posters who criticize you AGREE that there are violent Muslim radicals and it is a problem, but there are other problems in this world and when you devote 80% of your 30,000 posts on one subject on a basketball forum it just comes off wrong.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Is the government in Israel not elected by people?

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Dear Houston,

I'm establishing a nationalist movement where people who's ideology I approve are guaranteed "certain" freedoms. I want it in Houston. My ideology says that's where it should be. Please start relocating the inhabitants of Houston, which shall be renamed to Palestine. I had a dinner with Annise Parker and she not only agreed to allow me in, but to bring with me all the people who's ideology I like, and she's such a swell woman that she decided to give me ten times more weapons than all of Houston contains!

Please start packing. Please, don't make this difficult. You have no recourse so you should just move to San Antonio or Dallas if you are a peace-loving person. They never considered you legitimate Texans anyway, and the land used to belong to Mexico.

This is just a nationalist movement. Why does it bother you? It's "simply a nationalist movement for" my people. Let me in okay? Annise will be very mad if you don't, and she will give me all the weapons and money necessary to make it happen anyway. Don't get mad. You have no choice. We wanted to move 5 million Palestinians there, but your inhabitants treated them terribly and so it wasn't a viable solution.

Regards
    Peace-Loving Nationalist

P.S. We are no different than Kashmiris wanting an independent Kashmir in Kashmir where they have lived forever. Simply a nationalist movement.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Your math is off.

15. fchowd0311

Yes? When Bush invaded Iraq, I hope foreigners do not hate me for the invasion. There are many Israelis who disagree with Israel expansion into settlements and even though I disagree with those Israelis who are fine with Israeli expansion, I understand they are not inherently evil people, its just they view things differently then I do.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Good for you.

17. fchowd0311

fine, A unreasonable percentage of your posts.

18. fchowd0311

Why thank you:grin:

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Try-hard.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Armenia faints.