1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Epic Restaurant Fail

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, May 14, 2013.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

His show sends out emails to restaurant owners asking them to nominate other restaurants that would fall into Kitchen Nightmares. I get the solicitation every few months.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

sigh, reading fail on my part R2K. I thought you were asking how Gordon found out about the restaurant in general. If someone could give me my search and edit powers back (hint hint), then I could edit my post and have to respond to my old one :(

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

in this case, the owners admitted on camera that they called Ramsey's show so that he would come in and not find any problems so that the owners would have some footage to combat all the "internet haters" that had been ripping them up on yelp.

as far as your priviledges, I have no power over them. You gotta talk to the big guy.

4. likestohypeguy

I'm not saying it was haters

[​IMG]

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Somebody posted some "100 rejections" thread/project of theirs a while back. On one of the requests was for some goofy donut shape at a Krispy Kremes. Despite all the gushing over the manager having granted the unusual, time-consuming request and not charging for it; which I actually think completely missed the point of the project, there were all these posts advocating or assuming that Kremes not fire the manager because of all the "free publicity."

I just think this concept, and the notion of universally "good" publicity ignore all the pitfalls of setting unrealistic external expectations or divulging too much about your internal operations: practices, habits or traits that appear unseemly, but may actually be more prevalent and/or necessary in most successfully or solvently run franchises.

I do agree with your broader point about their popularity; but I hold that's due to business, retail and restaurateur success based on far more numerous and less stringent criteria than those by which some celebrity chef and critic with a professional and performance mandate for histrionics and public abusiveness would likely judge.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Please keep Jesus and religion out of this. No need to take this to the D&D.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Out of all the restaurants on that show, isn't Amy's the cleanest?? Apparently their cakes are good which is why they are still in business, and being on TV will give them publicity. I know the owners are mentally unstable but at least now it's out in the open and not kept secret like most restaurants behind closed doors.

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Ramsey was impressed with their cleanliness and orginization.

Their cakes are really good because they don't make them. They buy them from somewhere else and then jack up the price. So anybody that wants really good cakes can find out where they get them from and go straight to the source (and save money in the process).

9. updawg

updawg Member

Tonight is the big re-opening. Interested in how they do

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wouldn't give that woman a single dollar

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'll be curious to the response tomorrow...

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I've seen alot of the Kitchen Nightmares on both US and UK tv, and I would agree that one was the best organized and cleanest I've ever seen...and according to the waitress that got fired (on her AMA), that is the normal condition of the kitchen.

Makes sense, she doesnt really cook that much due to lack of customers and short operating hours and the bakery stuff isnt done there, so it cant be difficult to keep clean. The freezer being so organized could be explained by her mental conditions....she is probably OCD.

As noted above, her bakery stuff isnt hers, buying in bulk and reselling seems to be their MO.

The only reason they are still in business is because he has lots of money to dump into it, some have speculated it is a money laundering operation because of that, but it is pure speculation, no corroborating facts have been made available.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think it was usual to keep it clean, but it was more organized than usual. They showed her husband, early in the episode, telling them to organize it the day before.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not many details on the re-opening. I guess it bombed.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And I'm sure the opening was staged, too. Probably had another chef in the back.

16. underoverup

underoverup Member

I read today that the husband had to go to immigration court yesterday and may be kicked out of the US. Apparently he's already been denied access to France and Germany due to weapons, drugs, and other types of illegal activity and he didn't disclose his past problems with the law on his application to come to the US.

Looking more and more like that resturaunt was a money laundering operation.

17. underoverup

underoverup Member

18. VanityHalfBlack

Meaning it's not baked at the store??? Or buying it frozen from a supplier and baking it there??? Or saying it's their product and made from scratch???

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

IIRC, She doesn't make or bake them. She buys them made and re-sells them at a higher price.

I think she told Ramsay she did make them though. That's the only thing he liked when he was there.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member