1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Epic Restaurant Fail

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, May 14, 2013.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The guy did say he was gangster...

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

First thing that popped into my head.

Somewhat sad...it seemed like Samy started to see the light towards the end of the show, but his wife can't bring herself to even consider listening to constructive criticism. She appears to have some serious psychological issues. Can't believe anyone would go there.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This is like a real-life version of a Phil Hendrie bit.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Just watched it on demand. That chick gave me a headache!! If it wasn't for all the old yelp reviews I would totally think this was all an act.

5. likestohypeguy

I'm still not entirely convinced. Pretty sure I recognize the actor playing the crazy chef lady from another reality type show, years ago. JUst can't place it exactly.

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

This can't be real.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Looks like Kendra.

8. TheresTheDagger

Bingo.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've never heard of this show, but I watched the whole thing and it was awesome! In a kind of sadist way I would love to eat at their place just to be yelled at by Samy.

10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

aaannnnddd now I'm addicted to another tv show. Great. Thanks OP.

But really, this show is awesome! Thanks OP! I went back to see what Ramsay is really like and why he seemed so abrasive. Truth is, that's how he is and bad food & especially dirty kitchens sincerely pisses him right the hell off.

Samy & Amy are just a completely different case to the people in previous episodes - they're the only ones who seem to retaliate against their customers. I almost liken them to the red zone dogs on Cesar Millan's show that attack humans as in they bite the hand that feeds them, or in this case the patrons that pay them.

In most other cases (I've only seen 4 episodes so far), the problem has been within the family or with the head chef being in denial that their food sucks and the restaurant needs updating (menu or decor wise); they usually have tremendous tension between them indirectly causing bad food to go out. Samy & Amy are just messed up individuals. They need therapy first before they can solve restaurant issues. My word!

Favorite episode so far: Yanni's Greek Restaurant - a father who's a bully, a mother who's almost subservient, one daughter who cries at anything and a second who is also part bully. And their gyros came with more than enough sauce! It was nice to se them get back on track

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's a pretty nice looking place in what appears to be a decent retail or possibly corporate location. They may have invested in all of that and saved by only having one chef, then just banked on people's willingness to wait in order to avoid wanting to go to some chain. I don't watch any of these shows; but the minute the chef started complaining to Ramsey it seemed like they were telegraphing their flaws to him.

14. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Edit: Looks like percicles beat met to it.

Be sure to sign the petition to get them to pay back the tips they owe:

Link

Petitioning The US Department of Labor
    The US Department of Labor and the Wage and Hour Division (WHD): Investigate Amy's Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro in Scottsdale, AZ

Tipped employees are a valuable, intrinsic part of the Hospitality Industry. They are hardworking men and women who have fought long and nobly to be afforded fair, legal wages and tip income in exchange for service on a daily basis. Amy's Baking Company (ABC) in Scottsdale, AZ, has come out publicly that their policy is to confiscate every single penny earned through tipping patrons, without informing customers, and instead, only pay their servers an hourly wage. This policy is 100% in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and given their extraordinary turn-over rate of employees, it is reasonable to assume 100 - 200+ individuals have been negatively affected by this illegal policy. In the interests of so many hardworking Americans, this company needs to be investigated immediately, and their unsavoury actions need to be halted at once.

#54 pugsly8422, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  15. joesr

joesr Member

he said drinks

16. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

17. sew

sew Member

https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I dont understand how they can claim they don't take tips from their staff, when the owner himself said it in the video.

They're obviously going to be on their best behavior. Hopefully people aren't afraid to call them out, if the food sucks.

19. underoverup

underoverup Member

They don't seem to be able to stay on their best behavior very long...... even with multiple TV cameras on them and you know people are going to go there with the sole purpose of making them have another meltdown.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say someone needs to burn that place down but I don't want them to collect on the insurance claim.