1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Epic Redskins Rant

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by shastarocket, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That must have been Chad Dukes. And yes, Redskins fans have been getting gouged for years by Snyder.

He sues his fans: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...9/02/AR2009090203887.html?hpid=topnews&sub=AR

He double dips ticket sales: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/01/AR2009090103984.html

DC Metro has a lot of well off folks, generally due to the federal government and government contractors...you make like 150% more income in DC for the same work done in say, Houston. That said, parts of DC and the surrounding areas are as trashy and poor as about any ghetto or boonie could get. There are a lot of lower class and lower middle class Redskins fans in the area who spend a high % of their money on Redskins gear and tickets. The on-field product has not improved, but the ticket prices, food, parking costs are all too ridiculous for the vast majority of fans in the area. I feel bad for the diehards. They deserve a better owner and better product.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Unfortunately, Houston radio is full of guys who are either too spineless and snively to ever speak their minds, or too into their own gimmics to GENUINELY care about the team.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Houston, like D.C. is loaded with people from other cities. Very few true born and bred Houstonians.

Therefore you don't get the anger you would get from a true fan, like this guy.

Being a person born and raised here, it bugs the hell out of me to hear our radio guys frequently bring up teams from other towns.

Houston will be a spectacular sports town in time, because all of the transplants settle here, and their kids do grow up true Houston fans.

4. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Not so much. I know many ppl from Chicago that transplant here and all their kids are Cubs, Bears, Bull fans. They raise them that way. Same thing from ppl I know from the New England area.

And i guarantee that if you moved to another state or city, you'd raise your kids to be fans of the team you grew up cheering. If not, then you're just not really into sports and don't care.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Don't forget that cost of living is higher in DC though. It's something like, if you make 50K a year in Houston, you would need to make 75K+ to live a similar lifestyle in DC.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That's why you got people commuting for hours from 35+ miles away. I used to drive a truck around there so I know the lengths or ridiculousness that people go through. DC Metro ain't like the greater Houston area. People come from West Virginia, Baltimore, Eastern Shore...on cars and trains. If you live "in" DC then you have to be a freakin multimillionaire to have a nice house with a yard.

7. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Here's Dukes talking to Tony Bruno about rant.

RT @chaddukes: Thanks Doug! RT: @dtet And here is @chaddukes on @tonybrunoshow from (in to) the other night. http://tinyurl.com/ChadTonyB

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

get em

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lol, I could go all day, but I choose not to. I will say this though....just off the top of my head :

Rich Lord - Giants fan (and giant douchenozzle)
    Josh Innes - Saints or Rams fan (I think he said he was a fan of one of these teams....either way, he has no PERSONAL stake in the Texans and he has made that very clear)
    Matt Jackson - 49ers fan
    Charlie Palilo - Chiefs fan
    Dylan Gwinn - Packers fan (and giant douchenozzle)

These are the guys who make up 90% of talk radio in Houston. The only guys I can see going on an emotional rant like Dukes did are Barry Warner and Sean Bijani. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you view them), they are also relegated to the night shift where literally 4 people listen to them on a nightly basis. It's quite sad how just completely indifferent Houston is as a sports city.