1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Epic LZ Rant

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by JeopardE, Nov 18, 2013.

1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Listening to this was absolutely cathartic.

"YOUR TEAM IS WISHY-WASHY!"

<iframe width="590" height="150" scrolling="no" src="http://www.sports790.com/player/embed.html?autoStart=false&useFullScreen=true&mid=23984838&startButtonColor=0xA33335" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ></iframe>

Link

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Wishy washy is the new maybe, maybe no.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I rarely tune into AM radio any longer, but I had to this morning to hear the talk and I heard this. He speaks the truth.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I agree with you.

:( I'm frustrated. I feel bad.

5. Scottay

Scottay Contributing Member

We only had 2 years....

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Ben Tate needs the same boos that Schaub got

WISHY WASHY

quit fumbling and shut up skank

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He needs to get over it. It's NBA, NFL draft and BCS talk time. If he wants to dwell on the things that aren't relevant he should send his resume back to 610 where he can talk about Keenum, 3TE sets, Kevin Walters and Owen Daniel with the low-IQ fans, non-stop 24/7.

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Let's not forget that Ben Tate's fumble against Seattle was just as crucial as Schaub's pick-six.

He's getting a lot of cred for "sucking it up" through these cracked ribs, but this is a contract year for him and I see right through him. That's the only reason he's doing it. He wouldn't still be running hard for a 2-7 football team if it weren't a contract year.

Foster may take some plays off or even not give it his all during some games, but he'll show up in the big ones and is immensely more talented than Tate.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This team is a joke.

NO HEART.
    Except for Watt, Cush, AJ and maybe AF and Keenum.

Also front office basically ignoring the trainwreck that is Newton for two years. This franchise is a joke so far.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hate hearing the "no heart" crap. Fans of teams that are losing always say that.

The Texans have heart, they just are inferior at crucial aspects of the game. The offensive line is a MASSIVE problem. The defense is a problem. The coaching is a problem. Notice how the good players that play well are on your list of players with heart?

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I agree it's a silly argument. The players' ineptitude have less to do with "heart" and more with just plain lack of talent. When you're simply not good enough it doesn't matter how hard you try.

1 person likes this.
  12. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I agree with you. These guys are playing their tail off. Just been a few miscues at crucial times. Bad calls (pass interference, late hits) from the refs, and coaching has been our biggest problems which has cost us a few of these close games. The O-line has been the biggest disappointment when it comes to the field of play. They wouldn't be able to block a highschool or college blitz.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm almost positive he's sat out games with injuries lesser than cracked ribs these past couple of seasons.

I'll give it to him, it takes a lot to play thru that type of injury but when you do it just for the money that's when you know what type of player you're getting once he's signed that big payday contract.

This season has been a waste.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I too am tired of the mediocrity. And let's not delude ourselves...even in those "two years" we still couldn't beat the top tier teams in the league. We were still losing to teams like Green Bay and New England. We were never truly Super Bowl contenders; just pretending.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is real.
    like when certain rocket fans kept saying they would have won a championship all those years we got beat in the first round.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm ready to flush this team down the crapper, but let's not repaint history. They beat the Broncos and Ravens last year. And the Steelers and Falcons the year before. The one thing that iteration of the Texans couldn't seem to do was beat teams like the Patriots, Packers, and Saints that spread the field and run up-tempo. Their Superbowl pedigree was real, but it was fleeting, and it's over. Nobody gets a medal for being good on paper.

17. Raven

Raven Member

Arian Foster turned the Texans into Fool's Gold. If not for him, the team would have never "semi" dominated for the last couple of years, and Kubiak and Schaub both got undeserved job security because of him. They should offer to kiss his ass every single day because of that.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

disagree -- it was the defense

Arian was great but Watt is more to credit

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

QFT the whole heart thing is overused. Maybe if you are talking about derrick bell, but these guys were trying. Fumbles happen, but as long as a guy is giving effort I can't really criticize him. Football is a game of inches a few inches here and there is the difference between winning and losing.

20. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

LMBO. You are right cause Schaub's stats were Fool's Gold. He couldn't do anything when it really counted.