1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Entourage-HBO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JJ, May 24, 2006.

Tags:
  1. JJ

JJ Member

Cant wait for this show to start! Just 2 more weeks. What it the name of the theme song for the show? I want to buy it, but can't find it. The HBO page has no info.

"LHIOB"

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Google is your friend. ;)

The song is called Superhero by Janes Addiction.

And I agree, I can't wait for the new season to start!

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I was real skeptical about this show. "Oh boy, an HBO drama about a bunch of rich ****in' tards in LA. Yeah, I'm gonna watch that."

Well, needless to say I got hooked. Gonna have to buy HBO again so I can watch the new season.

4. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Dont know why, but I really like this show. Turtle = hilarious

5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

What I can't believe about this show is that, other than Piven and Dillon, the acting absolutely SUCKS...and yet I watch it every week and then anxiously await the next installment.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I'll tell you why we all love it, because we wish we could live that life. Even a moron like Turtle seems to have a great time out there. I wish my best friend was a star...

Piven keeps us coming back.

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I like entourage but I'm really looking forward to the new season of Deadwood.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Damn straight. I love that show. HBO is the best network on television, and IMO, it ain't close. Rome, Big Love, Deadwood, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm... they keep cranking out the best series on the tube. (I should say the 42" HDTV LCD... man, I love our new TV!)

HBO has the best intros as well. I'd watch some of their series for the intro alone. Anyone else dig the intro to Big Love? The Beach Boys' God Only Knows, with Paxton and the 3 wives ice-skating around under a trippy night sky... I wouldn't have thought of that in a million tears. :cool:

#8 Deckard, May 24, 2006
    Last edited: May 24, 2006
  9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's God Only Knows. :)

But I agree. That intro is the best outside of Entourage, IMO. The Mormon symbolism is great.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh hell, I can't believe I wrote that! Busted!! :D

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

HBO is by far the best network on TV. They have so many great shows, and you get to have cursing, nudity, and no commercials. I wish the networks could put out a lineup half as good as HBO, even with the cursing and nudity removed and the commercials added in. There are probably more good shows on HBO than the rest of TV combined.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The networks could do all of that and then some... if everybody in America paid the $10-12 a month they do for HBO, for each channel.

Give HBO credit... they succeed at utilizing the funds from a premium service far better than any of the other premium services... but the networks, relegated to FCC censors, advertising budgets, time-slots, sweeps, limited resources... have to deal with a ton of **** that HBO couldn't care less about.

Fox cancels a gem like Arrested Development due to low ratings, and high production costs... that alone is reason enough to why the networks will never be as succesful (even though part of the bad ratings Fox had was their own damn fault).

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, I remember when that pasty redhead who plays Eric was on "Unhappily Ever After," which is pretty much the worst and most unoriginal multi-season sitcom ever written, save for Ms. Cox's bosom. I remember watching that on my 5" black & white TV in Moody Towers, back in my Pell Grant days. Shows like that are probably why the WB will cease to exist come September.

I guess since this show is supposed to be loosely based on Marky Mark's early experiences in Hollywood, then Drama = Donnie Wahlberg? Maybe Mandy Moore = Reese Witherspoon, since they were in "Fear" together, with CSI guy. I wonder what big movie he passed on, ala "Matterhorn."

14. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

mmm...nikki cox...perhaps we should move this to the "Question about breasts" thread :D

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The lack of t&a on this show is appalling. It's freakin HBO dammit..let's see some boobs.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

How much money do the networks get from advertising? Probably a lot more than HBO gets from what it charges. The free channel that seems to come closest to HBO in show quality and style is FX. They have great shows like the Shield, Rescue Me, and Over There. That a second rate channel like FX can be so successful shows that it can be done. I think the networks are cowards and they give in to the will of their most prudish advertisers. Then again, I am no insider, so I am really just talking out of my ass here.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's exactly what it is. When NBC gets a good show, but it offends some people (Book of Daniel), they immediately cave-in to the pressure and cancel it. These people were b****ing about this show well before the first episode came out. If they'd grow some balls, maybe we could get more than a couple good shows on network tv.

Instead, we have to suffer through 72 pages of American Idol chat. :D

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

can't wait to see them pick up where they left off last season...

Ari was making appointments at the local coffee shop, lets see what he does about his own career before he does anything for Vince... who will be filming Aquaman with James Cameron...

the reason why I love the show is because (IMO) its not really about Vince, its about how Eric and Ari manage Vinces career...

and the reason why I love HBO programming is the method in which they film actual events... when you see the Entourage at a U2 concert or a Lakers game, they were really there, on location, at the game or the concert, all while staying in character...

same thing for Curb Your Enthusiasm... there was a man who was aquitted of murder charges because his alibi of being at the Dodgers game was proven by the footage used while filming an episode at Dodger Stadium... True Story!
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/02/national/main620661.shtml

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

And if I hear another one of my co-workers say "deal, or no deal" every time they're discussing some complicated issue, than I will commit violence. Howie Mandel is basically the Bruce Jenner of stand up comedians. Has that guy actually told a joke in the last twenty years? Does he still do the annoying twisting hand gesture when he tells a punchline?

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Remember those walking venereal diseases from the Comic Con episode, the "p***y patrol" girls?