1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Entering 2023... the Rockets are again the worst team in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Dec 30, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean....

I would trust the claims of major impact in regards to CP3 over Silas...

I mean it's CP3 vs Silas. Yes I think young guards would be sincere when they spend a year with CP3 and they say that it really helped their development. Because it's CP3... One of the highest IQ heady guards in league history.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah I think you're missing a few words there for that to make sense to be honest, because it sounds like you're agreeing with me. The Thunder started their rebuild that year when they moved Westbrook, regardless of how well CP3 performed. Just like if Green had an MVP year this year, our rebuild still started with trading Harden.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yeah but you're just assuming so much including:

-That if such an attribution exusts, SGA is a more credible diagnoser of such things and Steph Wardell Curry just deluded and wrong about his own personal experience. Its not "CP3 vs Silas" - it's Curry v. SGA.

Did you think they crossed paths on the Clippers too? They didn't - i had to look it up. I mean, let's say you're right and those 70 games of apprenticeship were the proximate cause of Alexander's growth.

What about all of the other players that played 70 games with CP3 and showed little to no improvement? Your Jerryd Bayless, Courtney Fortsons, etc,

why did it get delayed so long? Why did SGA's leap to all star status this year come two whole years after CP3 left OKC?

More important like i said - what's the counterfactual here- if no CP3, is SGA shipped off for parts as a disappointment or toiling away in the gleague?

There's just simply no reason to believe that woukd be true and that he wouldn't be the same player who was highly regarded enough that the Thunder traded Paul George for him.

#44 SamFisher, Dec 30, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol the Leslie Alexander owned Rockets were just that.

JVG and his New York Knickerbocker gang was notorious.

Truly no need to start that up again.
    Houston Knicks.

Dobbizzle and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Safe to say OKC had a history of tons of talents and did not win it all.

Part of the reasons are minor incompetence and players not wanting to retire there.

I think OKC need to take the blame.

7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Although... I did really enjoy watching Adelman's scrappy Rockets play at times. Sure, we were stuck in a lot of mediocrity as a fringe playoff team, but man there were a lot of players I loved in that era. Scola (LEGEND,) Battier (LEGEND,) Ariza (LEGEND,) Chuck, Lowry, Martin. Hell I even had a soft spot for Air Bud and was gutted when he didn't win the dunk contest (though he still beat Paul George :D) We might've been mediocre, but I still loved watching us play haha.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This isn't even an accurate thread title. There are two teams with worse records than the Rockets.

Also, if the Rockets were in a position to try to compete, this would be a problem. But this has been the plan all along. Just because you're too delusional to accept reality coming into the season doesn't mean they aren't doing exactly what they planned to do.

I knew before the season that we would be competing for the worst record in the league. And, with those being my expectations, I'm really enjoying this season and watching our guys develop and watching the games become (overall) much more competitive than they were last season. I can see the progress. But if you set your expectations at the play-in then you set yourself up to be incredibly disappointed this year.

#48 Williamson, Dec 30, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    joshuaao, Y2JT, jim1961 and 5 others like this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

“too good to tank” - Roberttheterrible this off-season

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think our rebuild is doing great so far, but we need to play our young guys to develop them. I truly thing we already have two STARS in Jalen and Jabari and maybe Sengun. Jalen is averaging over 20 points a game (he is a young and upcoming star) not many people can average 20 points a game in the NBA IN THEIR SECOND YEAR! Next year, he will average 25 points a game and then the following year he will average 30 points a game and he will be considered a SUPERSTAR. Why? Because every player who is averaging 30 points a game is called SUPERSTARS:
    All these players average more than 30 points a game today and are called SUPERSTARS:

Joel EmbiidPHI

Luka DoncicDAL

Giannis AntetokounmpoMIL

Shai Gilgeous-AlexanderOKC

Jayson TatumBOS

Stephen CurryGS

Kevin DurantBKN

Jabari is a elite shooter, elite length and elite defender. We do not know what he has in Sengun (dumb Silas) but this draft is important we need either Wemby, Scoot Henderson or Amen Thompson. If we pick one of these guys in the draft, we are back.

12. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know this is a joke, but to be real on this point, I think next year is really the year we can really judge Stone. There have been a lot of boneheaded decisions up to this point and there's no real way to know if the org is 100% inept or if it's all part of some master plan to tank and accumulate assets. Next year is the year where nobody will have the excuse of "well, maybe they're just being bad on purpose!" We have been the literal worst team in the last two seasons, and it's definitely in play for this season as well. That's never been done before. Next year should tell us a lot.

Reeko, fchowd0311 and BaselineFade like this.
  13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Honestly not sure why you're quoting me tbh, were you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me?

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This.

Williamson likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Not the worst team in the NBA.

They are better than the Pistons and Hornets ....

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

and we still didn't get the #1 pick. If we don't get it again this year, I bet Tilman will get tired of waiting and make a big trade/signing.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

debatable. Doesn’t really matter when the odds are the same for draft purposes. Worst. One of the few worst is basically semantics. Rockets are clearly down at the bottom which isn’t debatable

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Damn, the rebuilding thunder took us to 7 games with Harden and came within a possession of beating us when we were still in championship mode?

And now they are still better than us without even having Chet?

And they own the future picks of the team that’s ended up with the worst record in basketball for the past two years?

That’s a sweet rebuild.

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

Hey man I’m not saying Tilman is a great owner but it takes real perseverance to buy a team and then tank it to rebuild. A lot of these owners clearly have too fragile an ego for that and I respect Tilman for not keeping us in a mediocrity treadmill out of pride. I mean would rather Cal McNair own the Rockets? He keeps firing coaching staffs and GMs because even though we are clearly the worst team in the league he thinks we should compete for a super bowl today. I’ve been very critical of Tilman but I respect him giving Stone patience and time.

Corrosion likes this.