1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enjoy These Last Years of Harden's Prime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Sep 12, 2020.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Look my point is it probably won’t take us a a long time to get another franchise Player to start building around.

2. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

I’m a rockets and harden fan but even I know when the course has been run.

I don’t think the future is as bleak as some believe unless we don’t accept blowing it up. Send James to a contender for a solid young player and picks, send Westbrook anywhere for picks plus whatever filler is needed, there is some desperate for a ‘star’ franchise out there who's owner needs to fill seats. We can make out good if, and only if, we accept blowing it up.

If we are hell bent on trying to contend again.., I dunno maybe Morey can pull one more move out his ass that gets us another piece??.. but likely going that route will **** us for a decade. It’s time to decide now and I think contending is over

HP3 likes this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden needs another guard who could iso just as well as him, play great perimeter defense, shoot lights out from 3, great ball handling. Because when the ball is out of Hardens hand, he's essentially not even there on offense.

I don't think that guard even exists in the NBA. We had that in Chris Paul for 1 season and he got completely worn out.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

So a good ceiling is being the 7th or 8th seed and struggling to win 45 games? Lol, nah, that’s crap.

also, Steve Francis was done by 2006...those years were “fun” only if u like rooting for garbage-mediocre teams with no expectations...I assume u would’ve also called the Hawks season this year fun?

T-mac was nothing but 1st round exits, and it was to teams much worse than GS or this Lakers team. We’re mad because we lost in 6 in the 2nd round last year, and in 5 this year. Meanwhile, T-Mac as the leader never even made it that far. T-Mac would’ve lost to this OKC team in the 1st round because it’s what he does. Sh*t, T-Mac would lose to Utah last year. His postseason performance was much sh*ttier than Harden’s too aside from the 2005 playoffs, a series we lost after being up 2-0 as we lost by FORTY in game 7. What are we even talking about here?

those Lowry-Dragic-Scola-Hayes mediocre squads could not make the playoffs, and if they ever did, they would’ve been obliterated in the 1st round

James.B.H, DooghMaster9 and HP3 like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, this is where I'm at. This roster is done. I love Gordon, Tucker, Covington, and Harden. I hope those guys get to a place where they can contend or get paid. Westbrook......errr same I guess.

James.B.H and DooghMaster9 like this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Nah man. We gotta keep our core and try to make smart small moves and improve within. Morey probably will be fired come to think of it just so Tilman can get his China money back, but now I think MDA stays. I’ll make another post on what we have to do.

7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Strange comparison considering AI single-handidly led his team to the Finals. So yes I agree Harden can just about do that, and just like AI he didn't have the talent around him to win it all. If Chris Paul doesn't go down in that Warriors series, we would've been champions. Harden is a championship-caliber leading player to have on a team. There's no question in my mind.

HP3 likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

If Morey is fired, we are screwed. We arent winning anymore. This roster has run its corse. If we could trade Westbrook for Lillard, we might have a chance. But otherwise...its time to move on. But if you are being sarcastic right now, i think its a very mean thing to do.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

F*ck that
    Bingo

Nothing is worse than HOPING to make the playoffs .. . . being on game 81 and hoping a team lose so you can get in
    getting the 14th pick in the draft over and over and over again

Rocket River

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Either way you enjoy less sucess, sorry dont like mediocrity. I like a chance to comepete.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Don’t even do that to yourself bro.

12. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

**** that, I’d rather have a bunch of forgotten seasons with Francis and Mobley than a bunch of iconic choke jobs in the playoffs. People will talk about the Ginobili block, 0-27 and every other Harden embarrassment long after he is gone. We weren’t even competitive this year so what’s the point, we were a punchline again with the House sex scandal. Why can’t we lower expectations for a few years until we can rebuild? Harden is 31, he isn’t gonna get any better and neither is this team.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Sigh....man, what else can I say. That would be the only thing that keeps me away from blowing this whole thing up.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Because his game relies so little on athleticism and actually busts his ass taking care of his body, he might actually be able to hold up a little longer like Lebron. The one who won't last is Westbrook who was on a decline since his MVP season.
    No one ever wins anything like that! That is it! Sometimes you have to take over a game but he can't play the way he plays all game. That is it! That is why no to JVG who had Tmac do the same thing. If only Adleman were still around because that was the last time Houston played 5 on 5 Bball!

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

time to blow it up then because u would never get another job in the NBA if u were the one who traded Lillard for Westbrook...Billy King would get replaced as the laughingstock of the league

lw17 and HP3 like this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Nah no sarcasm. Tagged you in a new thread

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

I just dream man......I just dream......Lebron just swaged all over us, it was really disgusting.

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

It's funny we built a team to out shoot other teams and never had solid shooters on the team. Then we went all in for Westbrook without getting Harden to buy into playing off the ball and actually spotting up to shoot 3s to his hearts content.

Maybe they'll work on it all summer this off season.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

AI is what, 6'0 or 5'11?

Dude was legimately small and got it harder.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Go be an Atlanta hawks fan
    a Charlotte fan
    a Knicks fan

Rocket River