1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

English Premier League

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Kerfeld, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Ok, I am starting this thread because I need some advice/answers/thoughts regarding the English Premier League. I have totally gotten caught up with the World Cup and the game of soccer.

My questions to the soccer fans on this board are as follows:

1) Where can I watch the EPL games on TV?
    2) Is there a special channel or channels (ie-NBA League Pass/MLB Extra Innings) I can order?
    3) If I wanted to watch Manchester United, how would I go about watching their games?
    4) What are the best sites to stream the games on line. I would much prefer watching the games on TV, but the internet would suffice

I figure there have to be some hardcore soccer fans amongst the Clutchfans brotherhood. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol, rooting for Manchester Utd. I see. Frontrunner much?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just make sure you get FSC. fox soccer channel. Gol TV's not half bad either.

La Liga > EPL BTW ;)

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Barca all the way.

5. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

While Barcalona and Real Madrid are much better than the elite EPL teams, the EPL offers much better competition outside of the top two teams.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ESPN carries it on Saturday Mornings.

I'm sure you can stream games on ESPN3.com

7. Mute3427

Mute3427 Member

The EPL is definitely the more entertaining and competitive league from top to bottom. As far as channels are concerned if you have espn2, FSC, and Setanta sports you'll have access to most if not all the games everyweek (80% live). FSC added some premier channel (a 2nd pay for access channel) this past year, but I'm not sure how that will affect what games are or aren't shown. My fear is that it's just a money grab to spotlight the heavyweight match ups when they have the rights to them.

With those three channels you'll have access to most of the champions league games as well (the important ones at least).

8. Kerfeld

Honestly- I root for the Astros, Rockets, & Texans. I figured if I am going to get into soccer I might as well root for a team that is going to be in it.

9. Kerfeld

I have Comcast, is Setanta available on Comcast?

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I do watch EPL don't get me wrong but I'm a Chelsea, Crystal Palace FC, Man
    City type supporter. Falling out of love with Chelsea.

11. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Setanta was bought by Fox and became Fox Soccer Plus, I'm not sure if it's available on Comcast or not.

And when it comes to European leagues I think La Liga is the best and Germany's Bundesliga is the most entertaining from top to bottom. FSC (EPL) and GolTV (La Liga and Bundesliga) are part of the same package on Comcast, it's worthwhile to give them a shot to see how you like it.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

That's your first mistake. Liverpool is the way to go. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

Also old roommate was a huge soccer fan and he'd never miss MU games. He follows it online. I think they're the most reliable. I forgot the website though, but I'm sure there are plenty streaming sites out there.

1 person likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I follow :

Man U
    Fulhum
    Man City

DD

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Finishing 7th place is the way to go?

15. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

EPL easily the best league in the world to watch. The diving crap you witnessed in the World Cup just doesn't happen... hell I remember Man U fans actually booing Ronaldo when he first started there and was diving all over the place.

16. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I know their last season was forgettable. Torres went on MerGady mode and Gerrard had to carry the whole team alone while also battling injuries, himself. Didn't help that the Manager was a POS (I hope he fails at Inter).

Torres is leaving however, so that's a black hole being sold.

The future could be bright. Gerrard is 30, he has about 3-4 more good seasons in him and a new Manager who hopefully could start bringing in some quality players. Spurs and City could be overtaken next season.

18. Ming Dynasty

Ming Dynasty Member

1) ESPN has picked up some EPL matches, Fox Soccer Channel has a lot. Setanta became Fox Soccer Plus, and it's like $14/mo. Probably only worth it if you want to be sure to never miss a game and/or would enjoy watching other matches not involving your favorite squad.
    2) No. See #1... and #3.
    3) Not a ManU fan, but some teams probably have a online package available if you can't catch a match listed on a channel noted above or it's one of those rare times you can't find a Manu match.
    4) Sometimes you might be able to find a match on justin.tv. Other than espn3 and perhaps the team's official site, check out a fan msg board, too. Others post links to streams all the time.

Oh, and why ManU? That's like a foriegner coming here and fronting the Yankees. To each their own, I suppose. At least a top four team like ManU is easier to find on cable channels.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

atdhe.net and ilemi.com usually have a lot of EPL games on their sites for free