1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Energy Crisis Postponed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MadMax, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I will! My impression is that the new technology being talked about is an improvement. Until proven not to be the case, I'll attempt to remain optimistic.

2. Ari

Ari Member

Countries will be FORCED to address the environmental impact of industrialization anyways. China for example is investing tens of billions in green technology and it is not because of global warming or the declining population of polar bears, they are doing it because it is an absolute necessity for them to clean up their environment from the toxic waste they are producing, on the ground and in the air. Producing green technology may not be the USA's highest priority, but rest assured the Asian powers are aware of the fact that they are choking themselves to death, and judging by what I have been reading and hearing China is waaaaay ahead of us on R&D of greener technologies.

I think Americans are mostly on board too, but one dream of mine is America transforming its entire transportation fleet to gas or some other fuel that is readily available somewhere in North America. Perhaps we should follow Brazil's lead in this regard, although ethanol is likely not the answer we are looking for.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Transforming the car fleet will take several decades.

4. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

I didn't know that about shale. I'll have to look that up. Nothing comes without any impact, of course. The problem is to compare the available solutions and pick the best one.

5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

So because it's a finite resource, we shouldn't be interested in it? You'd like to go ahead and just enter your supposed "panic" mode now and "get it over with due to some aversion to perceived "lethargy?"

Anything that provides us viable and responsible options until we can develop sustainable resources to provide for the demand of energy in the modern era should be a good thing, right?