1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ending a new relationship

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheChosenOne, Aug 31, 2011.

1. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I regret my choice of words. I suspect a lot of my blasting was because of the "who am I kidding" and the last line was immature as well. I meant it more along the lines of "I really think I'm aiming for girls that are more likely to give me the time of day (which isn't fair to them, I realize that and I struggle as you can see by this situation with that from time to time), because I feel like they can ease the feeling of rejection talking to girls in which I'm intrigued by the whole package they have to offer. I might not be a 10/10 myself, but physical attraction (to not just breasts) is an important half of the equation for me. Notice I did just say half. Breasts are nice, a good personality is nice, but for me it's gotta be about the body type as well. If I happen to get into a relationship (long-term) that ends up with a possible marriage one day, I don't want to wait until that day to say to myself "Oh man, you really screwed up by taking her on a 5-7 year ride".

As far as how I handled it, it should have been done better... but like I said there are times where I do things because I feel so low about myself.

1 person likes this.
  2. SunsRocketsfan

not sure about scientific proof but I do think you are right that the MAJORITY of people prefer someone who is thin and inshape versus someone who is obese and fat.

just based on LOOKS alone ..see who you think is sexier and would rather sleep with below :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i love snowboarding.

4. AXG

AXG Member

Mmmm... I love me some lady lumps. *drool*

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Some of you guys are going to make a great ex-husband for some future lucky lady.

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Tell her the truth; it will motivate her to lose weight in no time. She will live a healthier lifestyle bc of you. You will be hero by doing this.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GzsWuqNlLK4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I don't always rep comments, but when I do, I rep the funny ones.

9. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Clever "any single thin chicks out there looking for a date" thread.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

OK dude, this has gone too far. 6 pages and no pics for us to judge and give you proper advice??

I'm hoping she's the Christina Hendricks kind of "fat"
    and not the Oprah type.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Tell her you have a herniated disc in your lower back and and don't want it to turn into a Frisbee when she's on top.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You can't **** a personality.

1 person likes this.
  13. TheChosenOne

We parted ways last night on good terms. Mods can close this thread if they like. Or y'all can keep flaming me. I won't be visiting it anymore.

14. SunsRocketsfan

what the least you could do is give the forum a more detail update on how it went down.

Plus no one was talking about your post anymore anyways. We were talking about fat women vs skinny women.. .and someone pointing out you cant f*** a personality :).. which is hmmm TRUE..

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think she was using you for sex...and you were worried about hurting her feelings :grin:

16. SunsRocketsfan

lol that would be funny :)

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Don't bother debating with them. Only the fatties will think the 170 lb girl is more attractive because they want to be accepted in society for being fatties.

1 person likes this.
  18. SunsRocketsfan

haha just find it funny and ironic how your name is DUNCAN MCDONUTS. :grin:

19. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Save her life. That way when you ruin her life its all relative.

1 person likes this.
  20. TheChosenOne

I'm not going to type text for text and minute by minute on the phone, but...

Here's the CliffNotes:

She says that she really appreciated me being honest with her. I told her that I just don't think I can have a relationship in my life when I've barely got my stuff together with school, neck pain, and depression right now. She apparently talked to a good girlfriend in between and the friend said my honesty was the difference between a boy and a man (meaning "I'M A MAN, I'M 40!"). I had to unfortunately use the neck pain and depression card (which ARE legitimate excuses, believe it) instead of the real reason. She wanted to know if I wanted to hang out again and that there would be certain boundaries and how would I want her to ask if we hung out. I told her like friends hang out, normal hanging. I also told her less text messaging (she was asking what she could do to not make it seem like we were gf/bf and I was polite about it, so for those preparing the flame throwers... easy) would make things easier.

Now I don't know how friends go, I personally don't believe it works out a lot of the time. Yet, I'll give it a shot and we'll see how it goes. She was there for me when I was confiding in her about all that was going on in my life and if things aren't too awkward, we'll remain friends.