1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ending a new relationship

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheChosenOne, Aug 31, 2011.

1. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

How do I let the girl I'm dating off the hook without hurting her feelings (that much)?

It was a down summer for me emotionally and physically, so I hopped on OKcupid again and got a couple of replies. The girl that stood out the most was a little bigger (well eh, she is big) than I would have liked, but I was so down on myself that I loved the attention when she would reply to my long messages with long messages in turn etc. I wouldn't say hormones got the best of me in th decision to go out with her anyway, but rather the attention she gave me. Constant back and forth texts after dates and before also, but now things are starting to enter the point of no return with the dating.

I realize it was a mistake now to lead her on (we've been on two dates, with a 3rd date this tues....which is what I'm trying to figure out what to do) and want to end it. I haven't told her we're in a relationship, but she likely believes we are. As cliched as it is, she does have a great personality and listens as well as a nice rack... but she's overweight and more overweight than I'm willing to deal with long-term.

Now that I'm back in school, I see so many amazing girls that it's just like... who am I kidding with the current one I'm dating?

Do I try and turn this into a "it's not you, it's me" thing? How to best approach the "I really am breaking up with you because of your weight" deal?

2. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Just break it off quick and run, no need to prolong the inevitable.

...unless you havn't hit it yet.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Just tell her that you're not ready to commit to something long term, and you have a busy schedule as it is with the semester just starting back up... then run for the hills. If she's fat, she won't catch you.

3 people like this.
  4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Hypothetically speaking, if she's fat she's used to being rejected. So just start one of the stock break up speeches and she'll probably stop you before you get to the end.

5. liljojo

liljojo Member

Wow. You're gonna get flamed so bad.

6. raj87

raj87 Member

Get one of your friends to have sex with her. Even more effective when your friend is a homosexual female as well.

7. AXG

AXG Member

Tell her you're gay.

8. TheChosenOne

I'll take the risk. Although an addendum to the hot girls on campus deal

that line should have read "Now that I'm back in school, I see so many amazing girls that it's just like... who am I kidding with the current one I'm dating? I say that trying not to sound arrogant... but I just simply realize that if I'd start chatting up attractive girls in the first place that I wouldn't have to settle for less."

9. raj87

raj87 Member

Also, if you have not done so already, seek oral sex from this woman prior to breaking up. Certainly, every man must experience fellatio from a plus sized woman at least once in life.

10. TheChosenOne

Well, the next date we were actually going to have sex... but I feel like that would just deepen things further. I have a conscience, but not all the time... lol

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

"It's not you, it's me."

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U8TnhNxKNlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    You are a SHALLOW mother trucker. :eek:

AND, we need pictures of the rack, please. :cool:

No, but seriously... tell her you'll take her to the GYM and NOT to Mickey D's. Watch her start to look HOT to you as she loses the weight. Don't lie, emmeffer, you like fatty hotties.

I'm not kiddin' about those pictures, though :eek:.

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

"It's not me, it's you." Don't be a sissy.

1 person likes this.
  14. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

1. tell ms. to drop top
    2. notice said rack
    3. slap booby
    4. It's not you, it's me

1 person likes this.
  15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Start telling her you're thinking about going on a diet and ask her about going on one also.

16. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

Did you want her as a girlfriend in the first place? If you were feeling down, then you should have reached for her as a friend. I would tell her you want to be just friends, even best friends since she seemed to have helped you out. If you just dump her she will feel down emotionally and physically just like you did, and why would you do that to her. Sorry, I've been on both sides of this situation.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Just talk to her and tell her you're just not feeling it. It has only been two dates, not a long term commitment by any means. I had a similar experience...took her to IHOP and just told her I tried but just didn't feel any chemistry.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Make her break up with you. Start being a jerk for no reason. She'll get tired soon enough and feel empowered that she was able to get away from you before she made a big "mistake".

19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Tell her that her vagoo smells like bacon. Leave.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Uh-uh, sir. No way. That will BACKFIRE like a mo'fo' a'la Jack Tripper with Terri. :eek: