1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

End days?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Stacy's knee, Mar 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Stacy's knee

Stacy's knee Contributing Member

Ok guys maybe I'm just freaked out from the Japan quake, but there sure is a bunch of bad crazy stuff going on in the world lately. Could some of the crazy utubers be right? Check this website I stumbled on today.

http://http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/154857-the-planet-x-nibiru-elenin-brown-dwarf-timeline.html

I know it's insane and all, but it's his timeline that's weird. He called out March 4 as a date that seismic activity will increase.

Nevermind it's just late and the news has me all bent out of shape...right?

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

So what if it is the end days? What would you do that you couldn't do now?

3. YaosDirtyStache

If we all die, so what...we are all gonna die anyways...tonight tomorrow next year or in 100 its gonna happen...live every day like its your last and you wont care so much when itll happen.

No day but today.

4. Stacy's knee

Stacy's knee Contributing Member

It's obvious you guys don't have kiddos. If it was just me, I would party like a rock star till the end. The little ones change stuff.

5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

These nut jobs throw dates out there like no tomorrow, they are bound to get something right.

BTW they were expecting a major quake in that region...here is link with the number of earthquakes worldwide...

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/eqstats.php

For the lazy....

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/increase_in_earthquakes.php
    Are Earthquakes Really on the Increase?

We continue to be asked by many people throughout the world if earthquakes are on the increase. Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant.

A partial explanation may lie in the fact that in the last twenty years, we have definitely had an increase in the number of earthquakes we have been able to locate each year. This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications. In 1931, there were about 350 stations operating in the world; today, there are more than 8,000 stations and the data now comes in rapidly from these stations by electronic mail, internet and satellite. This increase in the number of stations and the more timely receipt of data has allowed us and other seismological centers to locate earthquakes more rapidly and to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier years. The NEIC now locates about 20,000 earthquakes each year or approximately 50 per day. Also, because of the improvements in communications and the increased interest in the environment and natural disasters, the public now learns about more earthquakes.

According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 17 major earthquakes (7.0 - 7.9) and one great earthquake (8.0 or above) in any given year.

6. aghast

aghast Member

Are you kidding me? End times are definitely upon us.

Which is why you should give me all your money, pronto. Camels, Eye of the Needle, all that.

I prefer cash.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The world pretty much ended for me on November 29, 2010 when Wolf Parade announced they are on "indefinite hiatus" from now on.

1 person likes this.
  8. Dei

Dei Member

2012 is next year.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

YOUR RIGHT IN barak hussein obama"s AMERICA THE ONLY CHANCE WE HAVE IS GOD RIGHT NOW!!!!! GO TO CHURCH TIME IS NIGH AS REVEREND SMITH SAYS!!! GOT TO GO WEED THE GARDEN WITH GLADYS LOVE KISS LITTLE ONES LOVE IN JESUS NAME GRANDPA

10. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

More like due to the Information Age, we, well, have more information about this sort of stuff as opposed to the past. After all, while this earthquake was bad, it's a sign of how things has gotten a lot better as compared to the Great Kanto Earthquake, this was child's play.

1 person likes this.
  11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beware the ides of March

1 person likes this.
  12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

8.9 earthquakes, no matter where they hit, freak the crap out of me.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

- insert obvious Ghostbusters quote -

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

8.9 earthquakes? You should be sweating that whatever took out the dinosaurs (asteroid impact, super volcano, etc) does not happen in our life time.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O3ZOKDmorj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eFTLKWw542g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

18. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

What do you think?

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i knew this was gonna be about nibiru...smh, dont you think that if there was a planet or star that big coming at us that we'd be able to see it?

20. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

but i have so much stuff i haven't done