1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EmptyTheBench] Please, Tracy, Stay In Chicago

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

I know I know, he's not on the playoff roster why talk about him...

Well I didn't write it but I thought this was an interesting article from someone not in Houston.

http://www.emptythebench.com/2009/04/24/tracy-mcgrady-must-go/#more-3786

He's not completely unbiased, but still.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is right though.

DD

3. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I would love to see how the media responds if this guy comes back strong next year.

4. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Lots of truth in that article.

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Define strong? I would think it would be a great story......to me the media is part of the problem, Tmac has always been freakishly athletic, but his efficiency is below average for a guy who gets so much attention.

People buy into him as a Superstar, and his talent is on that level, just not his consistency.

I just hope that Tmac is not a jinx.......some players bring the energy of others down....let's hope the team is mentally tougher than that.

DD

#5 DaDakota, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

i'd put the probability of that happening at only 10%. it's possible, but not likely.

7. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

T-Mac that we are use to seeing and know what he is capable of doing without freakish injuries. Shaq was bashed by the media. They said he was washed up blah blah blah. He had a fine season and now the media loves the guy again. Same goes for Grant Hill.

The media has a way of saying one thing then switching it up and going with something else. Jalen Rose comes to mind. The only one guy thats not a bandwagon guy is Micheal Wilborn.

8. Fatty FatBastard

Bashing or not, Tracy will be in a Rockets uni next season and he will be a quality addition to our team.

Everyone needs to stop with this.

9. s land balla

s land balla Member

Anyone have the inside scoop on what gym tmac is rehabbing at? east bank club? i want to talk to him.

10. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

nope, he's not.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yes he is...well to anyone who has played and understands the game he is....

;)

DD

12. Co0lDood

Co0lDood New Member

Don't forget about DWade

13. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

ok, you got me.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I Pwn you......

:)

Just jacking with ya....lol.

Tikka tacca tikka tacca hoy hoy hoy !

DD

15. Almu

Almu Member

This article is dead on.

But to take it a step further...

It SUCKS when your TWO MAIN PLAYERS are softer than paper tissue.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

jeeezz it never ends with this mess......

17. pmac

pmac Member

This is just silly. Tracy Mcgrady is probably the only player who makes an effort to find Yao inside. There were plenty of plays where you could see him shouting at and pointing for Shane or Rafer to get the ball to Yao in years past. And, he has been the ONLY player to consistently drive and dish to our bigs. Sure, he's a career 43.6% shooter but the guy people wanted have him shipped out for, Billups, is a career 41.6% shooter.

We get it nobody likes Mcgrady but it gets a little frustrating when every new article/thread takes his already apparent flaws and starts reaching for new ones that are just untrue. He's an inefficient scorer but that wasn't the cause of all of our problems.

18. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Hayesfan,

thanks for the read.

I think people should not be rating articles that are posted from news sources. I think threads that are actually created by the poster should be rated. Since this post is about an article and not your opinion, it shouldn't be rated. But Hayesfan, there are too many dumb newbs here.

Keep up the good work for finding these articles!

19. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

I like how this guy acknowledges that Rick Adelman, along with McGrady's teammates, along with the Houston media all have stated that we're not better without him, only to make the case that they are better without him by simply criticizing all the players and coaches in Game 2 for not playing well enough. Gee, I wonder if that whole Yao only getting 6 shots thing had anything to do with T-Mac's absence? Apparently not according to this genius.

"With better coaching and more willingness to take advantage of the mismatches Yao creates, Houston has its best chance of advancing past the first round in 10 seasons."

Yeah that's it, it's all Adelman's fault. :rolleyes:

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Adelman is right though when he said Tracy would make them pay if they fronted Yao. Say what you want about Mac, but he was the best at getting Yao the ball. Coach Rick agrees. Yeah thats right, Rick said it, not some newbs.