1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Empty the Bench] Chase has arrived

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

What do you guys think Budinger's ceiling is? Brent Barry? Someone even better?

2. crash5179

crash5179 Member

Woo Hoo! :grin:

3. crash5179

crash5179 Member

Better IMO. Much more complete player. You can already see Chase can be a good defender and rebounder.

4. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

he had a great game and i love cbud, like the way he plays, but he is still young and has a lot and i mean a lot to prove. there has been many players throught the years to have a great game here and there then dissapeared out of the nba, i hope this isn't the case of course.
    all the credit to him for stepping in and contributing to a team win,but lets just not forget he is a rookie and has a lot of work ahead of him, one game in no way will determine what type of player he is over his career.
    i do think though he handles the ball better than ariza, is a better shooter, but ariza is a better defender, so if i was rick i would consider either moving battier to the bench or ariza and start budinger, to not get behind on points to start the game, just my opinion. :cool:

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is only 21, and already the best offensive wing on the entire team.

Amazing.

DD

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

+1. playmaking/passing is the only thing that brent barry is better at.

7. dcfma

dcfma Member

Besides McGrady of course.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Actually, Budinger is completely superior to the rusty McGrady who needs time to get into the offense that we saw last night. Not that that's a knock on T-Mac.

9. redao

redao Member

that's because this entire team is only worth $27M in salary.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Barry was a great shooter. It would be great if Chase can be a consistent shooter like Barry throughout his career.

I actually think Budinger has the passing abilities as good as Barry. He has the court vision, which cannot be taught. What he needs to prove is whether he has the BB IQ to use his talent to make plays.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

he's got vision.. I think Barry had better passing abilities and better handles in his prime. He seemed to lose a bit of both later in his career (w/us and the Spurs) as he lost his athleticism, but thinking back to Seattle at least, he def. had Chase on handles/passing

12. akuma

akuma Member

it all depends on how T-Mac progresses. if T-Mac can get to even 80% of his Rockets prime (forget about his Magic prime), then he is still by far their best offensive player (outside of Landry and a healthy Yao) and still their best playmaking and handling wing.

at the moment, Chase is much more athletic, apparently a better rebounder and might be a better shooter than Battier/Ariza with clearly better handles. he just needs to learn the NBA game/Adelman's system more as well as improve his defense (Battier/Hayes/Ariza are great teachers).

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Exactly, until we see that he can run and jump and defend, he is 4th on the depth chart.

If healthy he would be the best, but he isn't yet, and 80% is not good enough, the guy has to run around picks, move without the ball and stay in motion.....that is going to require full health.

DD

14. h0m3t0wnh3r0

h0m3t0wnh3r0 Member

waaayyyy better. i just wish he was on that level that bird was on. if he was we wouldn't need anyone else besides what we already have :grin:

15. h0m3t0wnh3r0

h0m3t0wnh3r0 Member

16. BetterThanEver

Why would you expect Piston's fans to love Tracy? They probably hate our whole team.

17. BetterThanEver

Yeah, and most of that goes to McGrady is who is still a better offensive player, even if he is lazy.

18. thumbs

thumbs Member

Chase Budinger was absolute gold in his first start. He is easily Morey's best draft pick. Now, come on Chase. Prove that performance was not a fluke. Give us another superlative game against Denver. Afterall, we Rockets fans are performance junkies.

19. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Steve Novak

20. h0m3t0wnh3r0

h0m3t0wnh3r0 Member

AGREED!