1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Empire Strikes Back: Smush Parker trashes Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Oct 12, 2012.

1. supdudes

supdudes Member

To some extent we're all little b****es...Just to different degrees. Kobe's statement's stemmed from his arrogance, just like how Smush's retaliation stemmed from his. If you were truely 100% secure with yourself, you'd be the bigger man by just walking away from it.

FYI I think MJ is far and beyond a bigger ****ing p***y licking trash eating epitome of what a human ought not to be than is Kobe ever was...But I still respect his game beyond everything else, and respect him as a player when he's on the floor.

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

"This guy in LA called me 'the worst'. Oh boy, I don't know who is the worst, him or Ruben Patterson."

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Fricken comedy gold

Kobe is such a douche but it's hilarious

btw isn't it pretty well known that Kobe didn't really have any friends in the NBA off the court even with his own team mates. Apparently Tmac was one of the few that was actually close with him, I guess Tmac had the accolades to be able to speak with Kobe.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

T-Mac and Kobe were friends before they entered the NBA, guess they just bonded somehow.

5. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

He didn't have any friends because he dropped 50 on everyone

6. MD_in_Training

Wait, so defending yourself is now arrogance? If you're trying to say that it's all one continuum within the same spectrum of self-identification and esteem, then fine. But, what Smush did was entirely within normal variant, but Kobe's was FAR into pathological mode - something that would be detrimental to success in the vast majority of situations in life.

1 person likes this.
  7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

"Of course I cannot talk to him. I mean, to achieve his level of accolades, I'd need to visit exotic destinations like Colorado or something like that. Plus its hard to talk to him when he's halfway behind steel bars!!"

1 person likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

okay, what about his own team mates, did he drop 50 on them too?

9. supdudes

supdudes Member

That's not defending yourself, that's re-shifting the malice. If he were really defending himself it would be as simple as stating "I don't agree with what he's saying..I felt like I deserved the roster spot." And that would be all. I never said Kobe was above...say, Tom Cruise level of offensive self-assurance, because he isn't. Smush Parker did what Smush would do, as most pro athletes would do, and that was to retaliate.

All I'm saying is that Kobe's fame derives from his attitude, and Smush isn't Shane Battier. Don't know how this argument even started, I was only pointing out the obvious facts about Kobe and suggesting some altruism on Parker's part.

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

Nothing new here. Kobe is an arrogant douche who can ball.

11. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

What Kobe needs to understand is that alot of guys played with real crappy teammates, and didnt feel the need to trash them. This is why people respect his game, but not who he really is.

12. supdudes

supdudes Member

@LakersReporter

Kobe said he wishes Smush Parker the best of luck in China, & has said enough about it at this point.

Championships makes men out of boys. Enough said.

13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

WHo gives a flying rip? Hes a married man with 2 kids and a wife. The best way to make friends is through excellence and winning, Artest buddied up with him, then came Nash and now Howard. And other guys taking paycuts to join here (Meeks, Jamison). Its not about making friends its about winning and he presents that environment here in LA

14. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

so hes not allowed to express his opinion on teammates who were absolute garbage? He isn't trashing guys who were lesser talented, hes trashing guys were just wasting everyone's time there in LA. Kwame Brown and Smush parker not only sucked but they were unprofessional, didn't play hard and didn't care. You dont see him bad mouthing Vujacic whos half as talented as those guys

15. Raven

Raven Member

Not sitting with teammates? I think that would have gotten out a long time ago.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

"THAT'S wassUP, Kobes! TELL 'EM "

[​IMG]

They aint even ON OUR LEVEL. These fools can't even SEE us or EVER be us ....

Kiss the RINGS, B***ES!!! "

17. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Learning that Kobe doesn't really respect or befriend his teammates shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

Beyond everything we have seen from him on the court in his career, you can see it in that Spike Lee film where he followed Kobe around. There are some scenes where Kobe is shown cutting up with teammates and his teammates seem uncomfortable around him as if they are shocked that he is giving them the time of day.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Kobe is a douchey guy, we all know that. One of the top 5 douchiest in the league, right up there with KG

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You sure find ways to derail a thread.... Let him find his peace in China

20. Dei

Dei Member

T-Mac's is beneath the 15th guy on the rotation at this point. That how bad that guy's legacy is. An absolute joke.