1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eminem imitates Wacko Jacko

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Jun 25, 2003.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Eminem's balcony scene-stealer

Rapper replays Jackson's baby-dangling stunt with doll at Glasgow hotel, writes DAMIEN HENDERSON
    POP history repeated itself as farce yesterday when Eminem, the enfant terrible of rap, dangled a plastic baby over the edge of his hotel balcony in Glasgow, to the delight of the small crowd of fans who had waited all day to see him.

His gesture parodied the actions of Michael Jackson, who last year provoked international outrage by holding a real baby - purportedly his own - over a hotel balcony in Germany in front of horrified crowds below.

The rapper's latest stunt adds to a catalogue of incidents that have secured his status as one of the most controversial figures in pop music today, leading George W Bush to label him "the most dangerous threat to American children since polio".

Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, was visiting Scotland for only the second time to headline a sold-out performance at Hampden Park last night. More than 40,000 tickets for the show, which also features Cypress Hill, Xhibit, Obie Trice, and his occasional backing band, D12, sold out within 40 minutes when they went on sale.

click for more

2. drapg

drapg Member

He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

Weird Al should just make the video already, he can kick Eminem's ass, as long as he doesn't bring that fat dude from D-12 as backup.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

yea. . . Em is coming off like a whiney b*Tch behind the Weird Al thing

Rocket River

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Anybody watch "Al-TV" on VH1 this weekend? Al "interviewed" Em. Funny stuff.

"You know what I'm sayin'?
    Yes, I know what you're saying!! Stop saying that!!"

5. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

What irony, a white guy who tries to be black poking fun at a black guy who tries to be white.

Oh, nevermind, MJ has a skin disease and Marshall is just a product of his hood. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LMFAO!

7. underoverup

underoverup Member

No way, Bush didn't really say that :confused: did he? :eek:

Ohhhhh the ironing all the ironing. :rolleyes: :D

8. SLA

SLA Member

lol.....I agree!

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Slowly but surely, the intrigue and "newness" of Eminem is starting to wear off. For some people it wore off immediately.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Eminem would like to remind you all that he does not give a **** what you all think. and if he is getting very pissed off at all of you, and now wants to kill you all.

11. Manny Ramirez

LOL, sadly it is that attitude that is causing the few people who do like him to move on to other things.

12. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

it amazinig how some people on this board think he is fading. If you look around he continues to get more and more popular. He's been quiet because he's gone back in the studio working on an album with d12 and his own album. He released 5 songs since May of Last year and all of their have hit the top 10 on the top 40. He made millions upon millions with his movie back in october. If you think eminem is losing popularity you must not be paying attention

13. Manny Ramirez

Did you say the top 40?? Then yeah, you are right, I am not paying attention because I could care less about artists that are manufactured by the labels like Britney, Avril, Backstreet Boys, etc or someone who is gimmicky like Eminem. I want music that is going to be everlasting and eternal with substance, and sorry but songs about beating up your girlfriend/wife, murders, drugs, and whatever else that guy "sings" about are ones that I will gladly do without.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

there are shelf lives to EVERY act. there are the rare exceptions with names like Sinatra...but those are few and far between. as eminem gets older, he will be unable to make noise with the same image. he will be forced to reinvent himself like madonna or sting. we'll see if he's capable of doing that. i have my doubts.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes Manny, All Eminem raps about now is killing his girlfriend and taking drugs. His latest album was mainly about his life. He is slowly changing into a more down to earth, less hyper type of a person, which is what happens with age.

16. Manny Ramirez

Well, moe, you know what they say about first impressions, don't you? You don't get a second chance at them...

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

To play devil's advocate here, you could say that Elvis the Pelvis made a lot of bad first impressions on people when he first hit the music scene.

But maybe you don't like The King, Manny.

For what it's worth, I think Jacko had a lot more talent than Marshall has. I'm not a big fan of either one.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How to be a music snob????

j/k:)

19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i was thinking...

i can't think of one rap/hiphop artist that has changed their image. it's either your sound is so different from others in the same genre that you don't have to change or you just fade out of existence.

do you know of any that have changed their image, max?

wait a sec... i just thought of mc hammer. went from "can't touch this" to "pumps and a butt". :rolleyes:

but who else?

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

L.L. it worked
    Big Daddy Kane it didn't work
    ICE Cube it worked (he went from gangster to political) then he went back and it didn't work
    Scarface hasn't changed has lasted a long while
    Outcast: they have completely morphed since the first album