1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Embarrassed to be a rockets fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m0lson, Jul 4, 2014.

1. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

If i agreed with you we'd both be wrong. I havent seen an op get bashed like this in a long time...you might want to change your moniker or enter the witless protection program.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Yeah, we should really just draft an Olajuwon type player instead of making free agent moves and trades. I don't know where Murry din't do that.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Oh no! Our team wants the best players so we can win a championship!

Booooooooooooo! Why can we just trade Harden back to Minnesota for K-Mart & Budinger, salary dump Dwight so we can bring back Scola, Patterson & The Chuckwagon so we can enjoy the struggle.

*please not the sarcasm.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

TS got obliterated. He will have to pass concussion protocol before getting on the internet again

1 person likes this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Go sit in that corner, and don't come out until your told to do so.

6. okeezie

okeezie Member

FYI: Free agency has lasted for 4 days so far. Who have we missed out on? Ben Gordon for 5 million? Avery Bradley for 8 million? Spencer Hawes for 6 million? Please name me bench depth players who are not overpaid who we have missed on. No high level FA are signing until Miami's Big 3 and Melo sign so it makes sense to wait. What if you missed on Melo because you gave Avery Bradley 8 mil to come off the bench? We lost to Portland because Harden had a bad series and we shot terrible. The shots Aldridge was hitting no one can stop. Don't make it out to be more than that. Jones would have been a college senior this year and he avg 12 and 7 on a 54 win team. He has talent and would be a top 5-7 pick in his draft if it was redrafted. Can we upgrade there? Yes..that is what Morey is trying to do by chasing Melo, Bosh, and Love. A 3rd star helps the bench because they have a go to guy who can stay in with the 2nd unit. You surround the stars with shooting, which Daniels, Covington, and Canaan are more than capable of. Bottom line is you are a troll and you need to think before you speak. Find a new team and save all of us from having to read your nonsense. Good day!

2 people like this.
  7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Your view of the Rockets is so inaccurate it's embarrassing. Either you A) didn't watch the Portland series, or B) watched it but don't comprehend what exactly you saw. First off, the Rockets lost for a number of reasons. Harden played terrible, Asik was grossly outplayed by Lopez, Parsons was inconsistent, we have no bench and it took Mchale 2 games to make one adjustment on Aldridge. Moreyball is also not effective in the postseason.

Again, stop bragging on winning 54 regular season games. It means nothing. We've lost two 1st rd playoff series consecutive years and our roster has major holes that have yet to be addressed. We had a chance to upgrade coach but missed out by keeping Mchale. So far this offseason has been miserable. Troll? Lol. Your ridiculous perception of our roster & Daryl Morey isn't rated as high outside of clutchfans. Some of you just aren't in tune with reality.

1 person likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

JUMP, just JUMP.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well Said

Patiences is needed around here

Rocket River

10. NickKent

NickKent Member

Yeah, how did those seasons turn out?

1 person likes this.
  11. tnopham

tnopham Member

Umm I think Miami proved that there is.

I remember celebrating our first 2 championships. I've waited 20 yrs to celebrate again. In a perfect world every team would draft that one superstar and build around him but it just doesn't always work like that. It's been 30 yrs since we drafted Hakeem. How much longer do you care to wait for that next superstar?

So instead of losing and idly waiting on the sidelines for the draft to gift us this player you wish for, our owner wants to go out and get that superstar by any means necessary. I see nothing wrong with that.

12. Possum

Possum Member

How has this offseason been miserable?

13. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

The Spurs are an anomaly. Can people please stop thinking you can build internally if you want to win. They have a top 10 greatest player ever and a top 3 coach ever. This hard to duplicate. Only true way to win these days is to collect talent. I'd rather my team be in on getting that talent than trotting out an average team every year. Hope my vote gets this thread to 1 star.

14. okeezie

okeezie Member

Portland had no bench either idiot. They played Mo Williams and he had 2 good games out of 6..depth had nothing to do with us losing. The only "deep" team in the league is San Antonio. Most teams go to a 7-8 man rotation in the playoffs no matter their "depth". Portland had the NBAs worse bench in the regular season. Just stop it dude.

15. Possum

Possum Member

You just can't make some people happy.

16. okeezie

okeezie Member

And we lost the first year as an 8th seed to the 1st seed. Did you really expect to win that series? 2 years ago we were going into the season with Jeremy Lin and Kevin Martin as our best players. Players dont just fall out of the sky. How do you turn that into Harden and Howard and a top 4 seed and complain without 0 top 5 picks? Like I said..find a new team..San Antonio has a Big 3 that has been underpaid for 6-7 years and finally found the right mix around them. Im still waiting for you to address our holes on the roster and what players we missed out on 4 days into FA that would make us instant title contenders. Is it Bradley, Hawes, or Ben Gordon? CJ Miles? Please advise since you have all the answers.

17. Smook

Smook Member

IM GOING TO FLY TO NEW YORK AND JUMP OFF THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING IF MOREY SCREWS THINGS UP!

18. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

If Portland had the worst bench and they outplayed our bench, then what does that tell you Sherlock? We have absolutely no bench. You can not be this stupid. The question is what have we done to improve our bench this offseason? Nothing thus far. Has other teams in our conference got better? Yes. Again your perception of our roster talent is grossly exaggerated. We aren't NEARLY as good as you think we are. Plus our coach sucks. Who hired him?:rolleyes:

19. Possum

Possum Member

Really, who?

20. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

We retained Mchale another year. Lost Asik for nothing. Still have Jeremy Lin. And haven't made any acquisitions while our competitors have. Until Melo magically comes here. Thus far it's been miserable