1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon's biggest problem @ Twitter - he's not funny at tweeting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

At least society keeps it to once a year unlike your daily posts.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

musk posts foolish stuff year round.

There is a cool tool on clutchfans... go to my profile, click on the "Ignore" tab. Problem solved. I am sure many of your fellow trump supporters will be helped by these instructions...

ROCKSS and Space Ghost like this.
  3. Space Ghost

it was just an april fools joke. no need to get so sensitive. Your posts are A++

4. NewRoxFan

I send out a reminder on the Ignore feature on a regular basis since people do seem to get upset. I use the feature myself on a handful of people. Heck, I would put me on ignore on occasion.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Shocking

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...nub-company-musks-reputation-dips-2024-04-01/

The ranks of would-be Tesla buyers in the United States are shrinking, according to a survey by market intelligence firm Caliber, which attributed the drop in part to CEO Elon Musk's polarizing persona.

Caliber's "consideration score" for Tesla, opens new tab, provided exclusively to Reuters, fell to 31% in February, less than half its high of 70% in November 2021 when it started tracking consumer interest in the brand.

Caliber cited strong associations between Tesla's reputation and that of Musk for the scores.

"It's very likely that Musk himself is contributing to the reputational downfall," Caliber CEO Shahar Silbershatz told Reuters, saying his company's survey shows 83% of Americans connect Musk with Tesla.

Reuters spoke to five marketing, polling and car experts who said controversies surrounding Musk's increasingly right-wing politics and public statements are weighing on Tesla's brand and demand.

"It is hard enough to win sales without getting into politics," said Tim Calkins, a marketing professor at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.

Overall electric vehicle sales in the U.S. are forecast to increase 15% in the first quarter of this year, according to estimates by researcher Cox Automotive. Tesla sales are projected to increase by 3%.

"The EV slowdown is shaping up to be a Tesla slowdown," Cox analyst Stephanie Valdez Streaty said during a conference call Thursday.

New car registrations for Teslas in California- their biggest market in the U.S. - posted their first drop in over three years in the fourth quarter of 2023 even as EV sales rose overall.

Brand valuation consultancy Brand Finance found Tesla's reputation fell in 2023, opens new tab in the United States, the Netherlands, France, United Kingdom, and Australia. Tesla's reputation did not suffer in China, where access to news on the company and its CEO may have been limited, and Germany.

"A modest but growing number of EV shoppers are increasingly put off by Elon Musk's behavior and politics and are now finding viable alternatives to Tesla in the marketplace," Ed Kim, president of California-based consultancy AutoPacific said.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Another horrible sales miss for TSLA

Look for more hate-drenched tweetstorms to distract as somebody's miserable 2-3 year run continues.

Maybe @astros123 is right and $100 is the target.

@Space Ghost

astros123 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Amazing how much maga disinformation musk amplifies...

astros123 likes this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

not too brag but I've never made more money in life than I have these past 2 years. I longed SPY when it was 390 and sold at 5k. @Invisible Fan claimed I was crazy and US debt would destroy the economy lolol. I've been shorting tesla since 200s and won't close my short till it matches its previous low of last year. If things according to plan I'll have enough money for retirement and I'm in my mid 30s.

I know alot of rich liberals who are doctors/lawyers who refuse to drive a tesla cuz of elon. As elon turns more PRO MAGA it will only hurt his company's credibility more going into an election.

Shorting tesla to 110 is the easiest money you can make in the market. Put your life savings on it and count the easy $$$$

MAGA is a sick disease @Salvy

SamFisher likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You sure are compulsively needy to the point of projecting your insecurities and rewriting your memories.

I've called you many things but not because you went long on an index fund. Far be it from me who degens into crypto.

Though the 390 to 5k gain you're claiming does sound crazy for an index fund. That's more like gains from a shitcoin I'd be looking into for a lark.

And for some reason, even if someone took a contrarian viewpoint and went long on known altcoins+bitcoin in the same period, they'd be sitting on at least 4-5x gains. Gold is also around its all time highs.

Everyone's a genius in an everything bubble. Half-infinity is still infinity.

#1409 Invisible Fan, Apr 3, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  10. NewRoxFan

Wow, when even Texas Secretary of State is calling musk a disinformation source...

11. NewRoxFan

LOL the maga car salesman amplifying disinformation and citing stephen miller's organization who cites the moonie washington times.

astros123 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

How did that quote go?

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/joseph-goebbels-on-the-quot-big-lie-quot

astros123 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

The maga car salesman has adopted the trump strategy... lie about everything, all the time...

astros123 likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

It's really sadly interesting how the far right won the internet..... They won with lies and misinformation.

astros123 likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know if they’ve won the internet. They certainly crank out a large volume of stuff but it’s not as though left leaning posters, influencers and etc.. aren’t getting their message out.

Most importantly though recent elections are showing that a majority of not just Americans but many in other countries haven’t been completely swayed by the rightwing media both social and otherwise. The Right has won some elections but so has the Left and in the US even though Trump won and the GOP controls the House Trump has never won the popular vote. The GOP barely controls the House and lost elections they should’ve won in the Senate and among governorship. And even though they make an article of faith that they won in 2020 the facts are Trump was defeated by 8 million plus votes cast and 74 electoral votes.

16. NewRoxFan

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The illiberal leftists (Lula, Trudeau, Yousef, etc.) trying to silence their critics once again.

18. Space Ghost

I can think of a dozen 'moderates' in this forum who would love to see the same thing happen here.

19. NewRoxFan

"r****ds"... maga car salesman says "well said"...

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Biden and the left would do the same here if they thought they could get away with it