1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon's biggest problem @ Twitter - he's not funny at tweeting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Major

Major Member

It works on people like SG who seem to worship douchebags across the board (Musk, DeSantis). The whole MAGA movement is built on worshipping people that act like this.

I doubt it will work, but they are trying something different by stoking artificial demand by limiting supply. People want things they can't have or that give them status of "feeling special". It's still unlikely to overcome the preexisting Twitter brand. Only one thing can really destroy Twitter and that's its owner, and he's trying his hardest to do it.

dmoneybangbang and Sajan like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

MAGA is the continuation of the Tea Party movement. I thought that would be obvious to you.

I specifically said DeSantis I believe DeSantis handled Covid well. That is my opinion and I am not really interested in rehashing this topic. Since then DeSantis has gone on a world tour exposing his douchebag behavior. I have little interest in the social justice movement from either side.

You are once again incorrect. Carry on.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think an evolution (of the whole Republican party) is more like it. There are Tea Party members that are 100000% anti-MAGA.

Sajan likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

While much of maga is an extension of the most extreme right that also made up much of the tea party... maga has gone well beyond the extremist beliefs and behavior of the tea party. And while the tea party at least messaged mostly around taxes and government spending, the maga movement is mostly a cult of personality in support of trump and "owning" the libs..

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

This is laughably disappointing. I believe in freedom of speech. Fully. Which is why I can't get upset at this decision. But it is shitty of Musk to capitalize on it. I wish he wouldn't. And it's too bad the advertisers are so self righteous they they don't realize they still hold significant power. With the righteous left losing a battle to the man who is funding his own war, the things they really hate are givin amplification. Leading with volatile emotions is not a wise move. This is how we end up with stupid things like CHAZ/CHOP and defund the police

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Musk banned the Jet guy (and a bunch of others he doesn’t like). He doesn’t believe in freedom of speech. Lol.

Sajan, Agent94, SamFisher and 3 others like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

And it's too bad the advertisers are so self righteous they they don't realize they still hold significant power.

Indeed. This power is commonly referred to as "we're not giving you our money anymore" coupled with the actualization that, in laymans terms "we want nothing to do with you and won't let your crazy ass damage our product and/or brand". I'm pretty sure everyone but you realizes what this means.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

No Worries likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Member

Musk appears to be very committed to running off all advertisers from X. X's business model has gone from sketchy to non-existent.

Musk certainly can self fund X for the rest fo his life, like you said. The question does beg ... why would he?

Sajan likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I prefer Musk to creepy Gates.

16. adoo

adoo Member

ur too stupid to understand this simple fact

17. Major

Major Member

LOL.

Ignorant.

Dumb.

WTF.

It seems you have adopted Musk's philosophy of thinking everything is everyone's fault. The lack of self-awareness is pretty stunning on his part, but at least he's a megalomaniac billionaire. You don't even have that excuse to fall back on.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Tesla has the single biggest video surveillance network. As long as X continues to have user growth across the globe, the amount of data xAI can use to train LLM's is huge. OpenAI has made huge advancements and got first lead advantage. Google and Meta have their heads so far up their ass.

Meanwhile, you're over here talking about superficial drama on a social media network.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

20. Buck Turgidson

Why do you think this is weird or strange?

We've been genetically manipulating cattle since they were domesticated centuries ago (along with chickens, turkeys, pigs, etc). When Longhorns became popular again for "yard art", the old-timers would go off saying "we spent 150 years breeding this ****ing **** out of them and now the city people are bringing it back"

The new hopeful feed additive is seaweed.