1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon's biggest problem @ Twitter - he's not funny at tweeting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Elon is also going to Nazi those advertisers payments.

3. Invisible Fan

A blitz to shitter's finances.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If Twitter is so terrible, go to Threads. Maybe you can grab that coveted @Jack handle thats about to come up.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Mirror, my friend, you are complaining about things that don’t apply to you. Muting and blocking apparently seem the same to you, but people who point out the difference, with the opinion that it’s silly to remove the block function, don’t affect you at all. It affects people that use blocking.

6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Post 645. Can you even keep up with your own lies from just a few posts ago?

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

lol don't bother with logic with that guy. or child. whatever it is.

IT'S THE SAME HE SAYS. HOW??? Block literally makes you non-existent to the blocked user. That's remotely not even close to the same thing as muting. If I don't want someone seeing my tweets...how exactly does Space Ghost propose I do that?

Blocked accounts cannot:
    • Follow you
    • View your Tweets when logged in on Twitter (unless they report you, and your Tweets mention them)
    • Find your Tweets in search when logged in on Twitter
    • Send Direct Messages to you
    • View your following or followers lists, likes or lists when logged in on Twitter
    • View a Moment you’ve created when logged in on Twitter
    • Add your Twitter account to their lists
    • Tag you in a photo

Mute is a feature that allows you to remove an account's Tweets from your timeline without unfollowing or blocking that account. Muted accounts will not know that you’ve muted them and you can unmute them at any time.

Andre0087 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If you dont want someone seeing your posts, then I suggest you use a closed social network like Facebook. I can create an endless amount of accounts to see your post on X. I know. Bad example on your part.

The problem is that we are talking past each other. Let me spell it out for you.
    Nobody is stating harassment is ok. Nobody is stating its not an issue. Harassment is against ToS. The block button is designed as a first line of defense against harassment, and on some platforms, to moderate unwanted content. For an open platform, using the block feature as a moderation tool of unwanted content is very inefficient. For the boomers who are afraid of buttonless EV's and other technical changes, there are better tools out there to moderate content. This isn't the 1990's on AOL or Prodigy. With good AI algorithms, people can train their own feeds to weed out unwanted content. This is what the mute button should be used for. Social media platforms in the past abused the algorithms to promote conversation, and they found the most effective conversation to promote is controversial media to the user. This is why people started leaving social media in droves. Social media can be very positive if used in the correct way.

Again, harassment is a different conversation. Most of the people on here state they do not use X but yet they seem to know exactly what goes on the platform because they read a few news articles. I never had any problems on the platform, but then again, I steer clear of the cesspools. Online politics is a cesspool, no matter the platform.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Idiot doesn't even know his own product / market place

Andre0087 and Yung-T like this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

So take away a functionality that exists because you don't like it......and the alternative is to go an entirely different platform.
    what kind of moronic response is this?

the irony though...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Blocketh for We, non for thee

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Interesting... even magas are unhappy with the announced move to remove blocks...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Appears musk agrees with space ghost and thinks if you don’t like his new rule you should go elsewhere. That should endear him with long time users of twitter. Fortunately musk knows little about twitter’s rules and he will have to backtrack (embarrassing!).

#674 NewRoxFan, Aug 20, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
    Sajan likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

apple and google should give Musk an exception and let him remove the block feature

Sajan likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

So the real reason musk announced a rule change (that he will have to backtrack on soon anyway)... to troll his consumers. What an immature a$$! btw, he isn't being honest about this even... he was blocking people well before his idiotic rule change.

astros123 likes this.
  17. Major

Major Member

You mean like livestreaming doxxing a billionaire's house? Does that qualify as harassment?

Is this in reference to you repeated commenting on so many topics here and then saying "well, I don't follow this much"?

Wait... what happened to mute and block being essentially the same? Is THIS an example of "no idea what I'm talking about but I read it on the internet"? How is it that people that barely use the product understand it soooo much better than you? What does that say about you? And what would possess you to comment on and defend so strongly a product you don't even have a basic understanding of?

18. NewRoxFan

19. dmoneybangbang

Lol….

Elon isn’t taking how Ole Zuck punked him very well…

Sajan likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

But is catturd2 blocked too? He's my fav of the catturd lineage,