1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon's biggest problem @ Twitter - he's not funny at tweeting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Turns out people like moderation. His version of free speech is 4chan light. Advertiser don’t like putting up posters in a town square of monkeys flinging poo.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The fact Elon sees people not buying his products with their own money as "literally trying to drive [him] bankrupt" is funny sh+t man.

He should try being a normie - the whole world is refusing to give me even more $$$ than him! They're trying to push me into chapter 7. The struggle is real.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Cable news is dead. More and more media personalities will flock to non-subscription models. Kudos to those who know how to capitalize on it. This is just the beginning.

El_Conquistador likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

For the left, yes. For the right, not so much. Conservative media consumption favors legacy platforms because their target demo is much older.

Conservative personalities that leave FOX basically vaporize.

Amiga likes this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Most of them are doing better, salary wise. Megyn Kelly, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck are doing very well. We certainly hear less of them in the MSM.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The money part isn't terribly surprising. Once they're free of the network they have a lot more avenues to monetize.

But in terms of public profile, they become practically non-existent.

Space Ghost likes this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My 86 year old conservative father literally went to some Comcast location to order the Longhorn Network for his TV at home. Incredible :) Can you imagine the look on the man's face there?

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My wife's parents are in their 90's. I have to go there help them change the input back when they accidentally hit input instead of the off button. Even if my wife's brother explains how to create a twitter account, I'd laugh seeing them huddled around a cell phone for an hour. Especially when her mom can't figure out how to send a text with an attachment...

MadMax likes this.
  9. MadMax

I've joked with my wife and kids about somehow disabling Fox News on my parents TV :)

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

LOL... I have thought about putting some Parental Control setting that blocks Fox. They are so addicted, they record all the main Fox shows that causes them to only be able to record one other show at a time.

MadMax likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Boomer anti-social media?

12. MadMax

They're actually Silent Generation, but same concepts

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Not sure if musk thought this was funny, or if he is calling for a violent overthrow of the government...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Outside of military coups, do aristocrats usually fair well during violent government takeovers?
    Just saying.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Draining the swamp and seizing other people's property is a populist trope for both sides.

Elon desperately plays the Man of the People on Twitter while grounding his workers to the bone.

16. NewRoxFan

17. astros123

astros123 Member

Free speech my ass. He's a right wing troll

dmoneybangbang and mdrowe00 like this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He has been suppressing speech and doing so with inputs from far-right personnel like Andy Ngo. It's not just fake marketing by Musk, it's projection.

astros123 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. astros123

astros123 Member

But I thought the right wing free speech trolls @AroundTheWorld @bigtexxx claimed Musk would bring back free speech? You're saying Musk is doing literally the same thing as the other owners and he was just grifting to right wing idiots for exposure? We all knew but the right.

Who would've known a billionaire agaisnt raising taxes would supress voices on the left. It's just funny how dumb the right wingers are on these forums

20. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member