1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon Musk will doom us..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dgn1, Aug 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

hate elon musk. guy doesn't have one profitable company. lives off tax payer dollars. When people complain about the rich getting richer and wealth disparity, they should think of musk. tax payers subsidize all his risks.

2. conquistador#11

i don't get it. the mechanical claw inside the toy box arcade thingie is more terrifying.

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yeah, but that claw you're controlling; this thing is a sentient being! :eek:

4. Major

Major Member

And yet you get upset when Obama reduces drilling on federal land (a subsidy for oil companies) or requires that companies cover the cost of the environmental damage they do (subsidy for coal and other polluters), or attempts to raise the minimum wage (subsidy for low-paying employers by allowing their workers to also collect welfare), etc. Let's not pretend you're opposed to government subsidies - just the ones you don't like.

5. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Except your going to replace the stuffed animals inside.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

People need 15 thousand off their luxury electric cars though. Otherwise they wouldn't buy them!!

7. tallanvor

I am opposed to pretty much all government subsidies. Don't ever speak for me. You don't know me. Also what you are considering a subsidy is a ****ing joke.

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Why the F am I looking at an ad for Lady Mavs tickets on this web site? WT Mother F'in F???

Squirtle likes this.
  9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Nothing really wrong with it. He has found a clever way to game the system similar to many of these financial firms, farmers and military subcontractors. I think most entrepreneurs aren't smart enough as him to think of these ideas and actually implement them utilizing minimum risk.

Furthermore Musk was already amazingly wealthy before Tesla so I'm not sure where you get the idea that he wasn't successful prior to this new venture.

10. Major

Major Member

Your posting history suggests otherwise. You spent a lot of time whining in <url=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28>this thread</url> about Obama making gas more expensive by reducing various oil subsidies. It's amusing that you only think a subsidy is when the government directly gives money to someone, as opposed to letting them do things for cheaper than they otherwise would if they had to pay all their costs. It suggests you don't actually understand the economic concept of a subsidy at all.

If you don't want me speaking to you, that's not a problem. Just don't post on a public message board. But if you do post stupid things here, I will continue to point out their stupidity.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  11. Major

Major Member

12. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I will admit that I'm really intrigued by this power wall stuff.https://youtu.be/FHswxauDGVg
    This has potential and I wouldn't mind owning it.

13. tallanvor

good grief major. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+government+subsidy

A reduction in the minimum wage is not a subsidy (unless you tried applying to one specific group)......

neither is anyone of the other stupid **** you try posting.

Agree some what. Most the blame goes on the government and not Musk for taking advantage. Still hate him just because he embodies the issue. He's James Taggart in the flesh.

Tesla, SpaceX, and SolarCity would all be non-existent if not for the taxpayer money (you and I) propping them up. These are his three biggest companies and are the major reason for his wealth. But yes he was rich before.

#33 tallanvor, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm 20 and what is a Time magazine?

tinman likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Just watched a Q&A where Elon now wants to end all subsidies regarding anything energy related.

Bit of a pivot for a company that was saved by them...

I don't know if I can compartmentalize his achievements and feel good aspirational vision with the more humanistic and petty side, but I still do acknowledge and appreciate his contributions to humanity...until he monopolizes space and I'm saddled with another subscription plan that overburdens the labor class.

I think it's like an Apple Watch with moving parts and annoying ticks that you can't mute.

Xerobull likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think firstly he doomed his kids. (in riches and bad pop culture)

17. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Da flame throwas, doe.

Ziggy likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Oh, I'm 20 and my mom has a watch.