1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ellis suspended for 30 games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JOHNNYN, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Golden State handled it pretty good. He's gonna miss games anyway, might as well call that time way "suspension". While withholding pay for violation of contract. I wonder if they'll pocket all the money, or consider it $7 mil extra so toward an in-season acquistion.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UnkefjCES-4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UnkefjCES-4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He violated his contract so they found a way to not pay a guy who will be on the bench injured. Good move. By the time his contract is up he will have forgotten about this. You can be sure GS would not have done this if Ellis only had a year or two left on his contract.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Reminds me of the old joke:

Riding a moped is like sleeping with an ugly woman -- it might be fun, but you sure hope your friends don't find out you did it.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Are you dating a larger woman who might read this forum? The reason I say this because one of my ex-gf was chubby and I remember having to tweak fat jokes by replacing "fat" with "ugly."

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

i cant afford moped. 3 million bucks a try. wth. :D

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I was wondering that, too, bc its totally a censored fat joke.

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

What ever happened with Kellen Winslow after his motorcycle accident? Did the Browns dock his pay or penalize him?

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

I am not dating a fat woman. In fact, my current gf is too skinny, if anything. That's just the way I heard that joke -- although now that I think of it, I did hear it from a fat woman. Hmm...

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Looks like Golden States is tanking this year with a purpose. Their Golden opportunity.

11. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Sig worthy.

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The charges were dropped on Rafer, so what would be be punished for? There were no witnesses to back up the claims of the victim even though they were at a night club.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The move is essentially saying, You chose to do something dangerous in breach of your contract, so you will be paying for the time lost to injury, not us.

14. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Ellis might appeal the suspension

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2008-10-12-notes-ellis-suspension-appeal_N.htm