1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ellen Pages confronts Ted Cruz on Gay Rights

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by what, Aug 21, 2015.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

The blood of Jesus could wash away that too if someone only accepts it. The plan to salvation and everlasting life is really simple!!!

2. cml750

cml750 Member

2 Peter 3:3
    3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

Thanks for doing your part to make Bible prophecy come true!!!!

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How many days are the "last days"? I'd like to get my bucket list pared down while there's still time.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Ever hear the phrase "self-fulfilling prophecy"?

5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

can the blood of Jesus also wash away pansexuals and the recent Supreme Court ruling?

mmm. jesus blood

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

This is like some crazy stuff one of my ex's used to say.

Do you believe in ghosts and evil spirits too?

7. Northside Storm

the blood of jesus washes them all away

8. cml750

cml750 Member

CW, you may want to start working on that list ASAP.;)

9. cml750

cml750 Member

Ghost no but I absolutely believe in evil spirits. The Bible talks about them regularly.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Bonjour, mon ami. Je prie pour vous. J'espère qu'un jour vous apprendre au sujet de Jésus.

#70 cml750, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  11. Northside Storm

close but no cigar. It's vous apprendrez-- mi amigo, 我的朋友.

You gotta get the subject-verb and tense right: it's one of the first principles of French. kudos for the hustle though.

You also wouldn't normally "vouvoyer" people in Quebec (or hey, for you, Québec), it's more of a France French/Parisian thing.

I feel for you though, and I hope one day you'll learn about the topic of convolutional neural networks. Very fun stuff ;)

#71 Northside Storm, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

Blame google translator. I have never studied French although my grandmother spoke Cajun French before she spoke English. I know there are differences between the France (the country), Canadian, and Cajun French. I spent my time in high school and college on Spanish. I am far from bilingual but I can hold my own in Spanish. The ironic thing is I now work for a French company and deal with French people all the time whose accent when they speak English is so bad it makes them really hard to understand. I think it would have been much easier to have learned French so I could just talk with them in their native tongue. The Spanish did come in handy when I was coaching soccer since several of the kids parents did not speak English.

I believe the secret to learning a new language is to immerse yourself in it. The little voice in your head has to be thinking in that language so you are not translating everything. When I was in high school and college taking Spanish, I dated a Hispanic girl who spoke Spanish. She hated Spanish and would only speak it with her grandmother who could not speak English . I would talk to her in Spanish fairly often but she would answer in English although she would tell me when I mispronounced a word and would let me know the words for things I did not learn in school. Coincidentally, my Spanish speaking skills got much better than my listening / understanding skills. I never got to the point where I was not translating in my head and after we broke up, I did not have a chance to use my Spanish regularly until I started coaching soccer. If I moved to a Spanish speaking country for a year, I could probably learn to be truly bilingual.

#72 cml750, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No it's about making sure the business owner isn't breaking the law. You aren't allowed to discriminate against people in this country.

If you want to practice your religious beliefs you have every right to. You can put a sign in your business saying - we don't like gay marriage so please don't make us make your cake. That's freedom of speech. No one if forcing them to run a business. They could do something else. But the laws are the laws. It's not about forcing businesses to do anything - it's about protecting people so they have the same rights as everyone else.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Personally I'm more than a little terrified of anyone who washes themselves in blood.

15. cml750

cml750 Member

The blood of Jesus doesn't stain rather removes all the stains from your soul.

[​IMG]

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It'll also give you a good buzz if you drink enough of it.