1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elite XC Saturday Night Fights

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Breaker, Oct 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

and another twist to the plot

http://mmamania.com/2008/10/06/seth-petruzelli-elite-xc-didnt-want-me-to-take-kimbo-slice-down/

Seth Petruzelli: Elite XC ‘didn’t want me to take’ Kimbo Slice down
    By: James Iannotti

“My original plan was to throw out push kicks, have him think that I’m gonna throw them more, and then to shoot in on him, obviously. But the promoters kind of hinted to me, and they gave me the money to stand and trade with him. They didn’t want me to take him down, let’s just put it that way. It was worth my while to try to stand up and punch with him.”

Not like it matters now, but Elite XC fighter Seth Petruzelli talks about the promotion “hinting” to keep his fight against Kimbo Slice this past Saturday night standing rather than to try and take the street brawler to the ground. He ended up ending the fight standing in just 14 seconds. “The Silverback” indicated that he was paid “six figures” to take the fight against Slice, which is a nice payday for the former contestant on The Ultimate Fighter. The interview took place today on “The Monsters in the Morning” — a popular Orlando radio program in which Petruzelli is a regular guest to discuss mixed martial arts — on Real Radio 104.1. It’s a very interesting listen to say the least.

2. Christopher

Christopher Member

If he was told not to take the fight to the ground then write off XC. We have WWE for that sort of thing.

When I heard Shamrock was out I thought they HAD to call it all off. I mean, Kimbo is all they have as far as the non hardcore fans are concerned.

I was shocked they wanted to get someone else in there....they really stuffed up.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure if you have done any martial arts before but I wouldn't consider Petruzelli backing up as being a sign that Kimbo was dominating. If anyting for a grappler facing a striker that's not a bad way to set up your techniques.

I will agree that that quick of a knockout luck was involved but I wouldn't consider it to be a complete fluke. As others have noted Kimbo wasn't guarding his head well and no matter who he is facing that should be fundamental.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If there is true then I don't see how Elite XC can survive as a league. To me that would be like paying T-Mac to not shoot outside shots.