1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elite PGs vs the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 15, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What do you guys expect?

Seriously this goes back to when Gary Payton was killing Steve Francis.
    You have to take the good with the bad.
    This loss was not that bad either. The overreaction is expected cause Clutchfans people listen to Radiohead.

There will ALWAYS be weaknesses on our team, we just have to take advantage of our STRENGTHS.

As Yao said:

"That's a good lesson for us," Yao said. "We know we cannot make any mistakes in the playoffs.

The last thing we need is our starting PG to lose confidence. Better to learn his lessons now.

AB will be alright. Tony Parker had to get his but whooped before he became Tony Parker. Its just another good lesson.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

This is your best thread in weeks, maybe even months.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

what yao said is right. the thing is, we've been saying that repeatedly EVERY year.

our PG has been a weakness for years. just hope lowry can get more playing time eventually as he's a more physical player and hopefully that can slow down the elite PGs.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

whatever bigz, you know you love all my threads!
    you don't like the way I shoot the ball, but it goes in.

5. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

I hope AB can ACTUALLY learn from this loss. Though i doubt it as he has annouced something like "i will keep my way of playing"... :confused:

6. OlajuwonShake34

I don't think so, You remember the last time he played the Spurs. He can completely rejected in the closing seconds against the Spurs by Tim Duncan?

This time he got blocked by the backboard. Next, he'll get blocked by.....? :confused:

7. leebigez

Yeah,like the Sheik from the Fish that Saved Pittsburgh. :D

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I expect Elite PGs to whip our butts, but if we take advantage of our strengths, we'd win.

Kevin Johnson went crazy against Kenny Smith/Cassell. so what? we still stuck to our game plan, made minimal mistakes and won the series in 7.

Clutchfans need to realize, the Rockets aren't sweeping ANYBODY in the playoffs, it will be a hard fought series from the first round on.

9. t_mac1

and yes, we had hakeem and a lot of pretty good players. that team had a moxy and swagger that this team hasn't even displayed yet.

we've been having hard-fought series for the past 4 years. so i don't expect anything different this year.

like i said, the only team i'm sure we'll beat in the first round is denver. portland is another team i'm confidence in but we must have home court. the rest, not really.

again, i really don't see a swagger in this team. we need to regain that from last yr.

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

apparently people's expectations of a sophmore 2nd round PG who's only in his 4th week of being a starter are astronomical.

11. OlajuwonShake34

Considering the fact our last starting PG was a guy that everybody wanted dead. You shouldn't be surprised.

12. leebigez

I know. By their standards, billups wouldve been traded in his rokkie yr. Hey what year were you at swt?

13. t_mac1

the thing is, i don't see much improvements in his game.

1) defense will NEVER be his strength
    2) playmaking was NEVER his strength from college till now. he has shown zero flashes of being a decent playmaker

if anything, he can improve his shot selection, and how to attack different defenses. but it's not going to make him a better PG. like i said, his best bet is to be one of the best 6th man in this L.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

But I'm a creep
    I'm a weirdo
    What the hell am I doin' here?
    I don't belong here, ohhhh, ohhhh

She's running out the door
    She's running out
    She run run run run...
    run... run...

Aaron Brooks does belong here, so don't treat him like a creep or a weirdo
    he's just learning the bends about being a starting PG

Don't leave him High and Dry

what happened today is No surprises

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Billups is a great example. PG is the hardest position in the NBA, it takes time to develop.

Sam Cassell said it took him 7 years to learn to be a good PG.

16. leebigez

I disagree. When a guy with brooks tools learn to drive and when to pull up, that will make him a better guard. Whe he starts changing speeds and lulling people, explode, then stop from 15ft, thats a whole different state righ there.

17. SWTsig

oh im not, even though it is incredibly annoying.

it's hysterical to look back at everyone who absolutely murdered rafer for his inability to score while ignoring the fact that he was a solid facilitator... now we have a new, sophmore, 2nd round pick starting pg who is only 4 weeks into the job, and people are just bashing his inability to facilitate while just flat out ignoring the fact that he is a very solid scorer.

18. SWTsig

01-05... you go there?

19. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

And...After all these years, Steve Franscis is still Steve Franscis. I'll leave a mark here, and come back congratulate Leebigz after AB becomes a Tony Parker. Hooray!!!

20. tinman

Supporting Member

If the defense respects your PG's offense, then your PG is good.

Case in point: Tony Parker. remember his first couple of seasons? people wanted him out for J Kidd.

He improved his offense so much that it creates opportunities for others cause they have to respect your scoring abilities. the decision making is easy when the defense is afraid of you.